General Electric Aviation Supply Chain / Engineering Controller in Evendale, Ohio
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for driving technical accounting compliance, financial and operational internal controls, process simplification, and operational excellence to deliver accurate actual financial reporting and analysis. Seasoned, senior level individual contributors and managers requiring in-depth understanding of their business or function and how their role integrates with others within their discipline.Typically a 2nd line manager with senior professional direct reports.
The Technical Controller demonstrates accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will be responsible for the controllership function for the division, with the following operating responsibilities:
• Advise business leaders regarding complex financial accounting and reporting issues and transaction structuring
• Lead the businesses work in complying with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (particularly sections 302 and 404)
• Interpret and implement GE General Accounting Procedures (GAP) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Compliance focal point for accounting issues
• Maintain accounting, financial reporting, financial control, and information systems to ensure adequate records, appropriate authorizations of transactions, and safeguard assets
• Lead business development projects – acquisitions, investments and joint ventures
• Initiate process improvements
• Key contact for Corporate and external auditors
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• At least 10 additional years of experience in a financial position
• Big 4 audit firm experience is preferred
• Aerospace industry experience
• Experience in auditing, driving efficiencies and implementing controls in financial processes
• Ability to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• PC proficiency
Locations: United States; Ohio; Evendale
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.