Washington State DSHS Social Service Specialist 3 in Everett, Washington
Join us today and be part of our hard-working team of professionals at the Everett Home and Community Services office. You will provide case management to high risk, disabled and frail persons who are residing in skilled nursing facilities.
We need your professional knowledge and skills to identify alternatives to nursing home placement for those clients who are eligible for services, and refer those who are not eligible to appropriate community resources.
Some of what you will do:
- Complete comprehensive assessments and reassessments to determine functional eligibility for Long-Term Care Services and determine care needs.
- Identify barriers to discharge and identify alternatives to nursing home placement.
- Provide case management services including care plan development implementation, review, and termination of service plans.
- Authorize payment for care and maintain agency records.
- Collaborate with community partners and the public on the services available.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of social work theories, principles and practices.
- Skill and ability to identify and evaluate social dynamics affecting client choice and decision making.
- Skill and ability to listen, clarify and follow directives and absorb new information and act on it.
*Who should apply?* Professionals who have one year of paid experience completing comprehensive assessments and determining appropriate level of nursing home care and risk assessment for elderly and disabled adults, AND one of the following:
One year as a Social Service Specialist 2. Or A Master's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field AND two years of paid social service experience equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2. Or A Bachelor's degree in social services, human services, behavioral sciences, or an allied field AND three years of paid social service experience performing functions equivalent to a Social Service Specialist 2.
*A two year Master's degree in one of the above fields that included a practicum will be substituted for one year of paid social service experience.
Apply today for job 10464 and provide a complete application specifying your work experience, and:
- A cover letter
- Current resume
- College transcripts The hiring manager will interview and hire any time after the seventh day this announcement is posted. For questions about this opportunity, contact Dave Ozment at 360-725-5843 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Supplemental Information
This job will require a full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10464 WT93
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/14/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,627.00 - $4,762.00 Monthly
Location: Snohomish County – Everett, WA