Washington State RESEA WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3 TBD) Everett in Everett, Washington
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment (RESEA) WorkSource Specialist 3 (WSS3) position at WorkSource Everett. This position will work in the RESEA program to provide re-employment services to job candidates receiving unemployment insurance (UI) benefits. This work will increase the job seekers ability to return to work and decrease the amount of time a person is unemployed. This position engages job seekers by providing direct services to customers in a variety of career services; assessing customers work readiness/employability; offering information about service/training options and community based resources; engaging job seekers into services suited to their individual needs and/or facilitating handoff to one-on-one services provided by suitable staff.
- Provide staff-assisted customer services; conduct group and individual in-depth interviews, partial and full registrations, and review job readiness, employment barriers and customer needs; administer skill, interest, and aptitude tests using formal tools; identify employment and/or training goals; develop and monitor service plans; develop recommendations for continuous engagement.
- Provide career and/or employment guidance and training information; refer customers to job search, training providers and/or resources through WorkSource and/or partner services.
- Administer the UI Work Test.
- Plan, administer, and report UI reemployment activities including information gathering and job matches; coordinate and promote maximum attendance at mandatory workshops.
- Facilitate Job Hunter series and other intensive job search workshops.
- Provide and maintain quality customer service; perform triage and direct customers to necessary resources; assist with access to services and activities. Qualifications
- Working-level knowledge of characteristics associated with unemployed, dislocated, and disadvantaged populations.
- Working-level oral communication skills - convey information orally according to the needs of the audience, and receive and understand spoken information.
- Awareness-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
- Working-level customer service skills – build and maintain customer relations and satisfaction.
- Awareness-level analytical skills – use logic and reasoning to assess information, form logical conclusions, evaluate options, and make decisions or recommendations. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10456
Department: Employment Security Department
Closing: 10/25/2016 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $36,744.00 - $48,060.00 Annually
Location: Snohomish County – Everett, WA