Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Security Systems Engineer in Fair Lawn, New Jersey
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Systems Engineer supports Project Managers by maintaining key operational administrative processes, researching and obtaining information for routine and moderately complex reports, tasks and assignments as needed, and expediting and completing the delivery of operations-related administrative tasks to ensure customer expectations, as well as project financial and timeline commitments, are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Using established tools and standards, processes subcontracts and subcontractor invoices. Organizes and maintains all subcontractor documentation (certificate of insurance, bonding, etc.)
- Coordinates invoice processes, subcontractor requirements (such as certificates of insurance, bonding, lien waivers, etc.) and materials to meet revenue plan
- Generates subcontracts, safety documents and may release payments to subcontractors or associated invoices with A/R invoices, through pay when paid (PWP) process, under guidance from the Project Manager
- Assists Project Managers in completing simple project billing schedules in the appropriate format within specified timeframes
- Assists Project Managers to contract and collect overdue payments (AR) from clients as necessary
- Sets up project files, types meeting minutes, completes daily, weekly or monthly project-related reporting forms, files, faxes or copies project documents, and performs other general administrative project support
- Completes requests for information, transmittal letters, customer introduction letters, project organizational charts, certified payroll, owner directed insurance, etc.
- Coordinates internal/external project or client-related meetings as needed
- Manages incoming/outgoing project-related mail, contract documents, submittals and design documents as necessary
- Assists Project Managers in updating and scheduling company labor, material and subcontract labor for the purpose of projecting planned project costs
- Researches and reconciles contract charge discrepancies. Performs project cost transfers as required for Project Managers
- Tracks site/project safety statistics and monitors safety training compliance. Coordinates safety programs as identified and as needed
- Assists Project Managers in managing the contract closeout process to ensure the timely closure of projects. Coordinates the Installation Transfer, Warranty Letter, and Customer Contact/Survey process as required.
- Tracks the progress of projects in the company portfolio and alerts Service when projects are 70%or greater complete. Maintains a process to ensure a consistent hand-off between Installation and the Service Department
- Responsible for uniform ordering, distribution and inventory
- Provides assistance to the Director of Operations and Regional Manager as needed
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management
Experience and Skills:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Adheres to the Kratos Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential
- Comfortable in self-directed environment
- Familiar with basic accounting helpful
- Previous telecom industry experience desired
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, and percentages.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as client specifications and requirements, procedure manuals, and reports
- Ability to write coherent and succinct status/progress reports. Ability to write database queries, reports and correspondence
- Ability to identify resources to verify information and communicate effectively and identify routine database problems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, Project, etc.
- Understanding of Microsoft Outlook and the Internet
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
- Valid Drivers License
- Must be able to have the ability to pass fingerprint background and drug screen
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 1-2 years experience in a highly aggressive technical field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of construction Industry desired.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
The employee will likely be placed in an office. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
Kratos PSS a Division of Kratos Defense Systems is not able to provide U.S. sponsorship at this time.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-227616
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 20, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 1 Year
Level of Education: Associate
Starting Date: October 31, 2016