Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Security Technician Level IV in Fair Lawn, New Jersey
The Level IV Security Technician is a highly experienced, highly trained and highly skilled technician who is responsible for tasks associated to the installation, programming, and subsequent maintenance of access control, CCTV, and burglar security systems. They must have the ability to manage campus/complex security systems. The Level IV Security Technician interfaces directly with the customer and must have good technical, leadership, and customer service skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains customer relationships based on dependability and honesty. Ensure that long term customer relationships are protected by providing value added services.
- Actively promote the value of full service agreements with Kratos.
- Refer customer concerns about billing practices and charges for services rendered to appropriate department for investigation and resolution.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending manufacturer training, seminars, conferences, etc., as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for all purchases of parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies above those outlined in the approved materials list or job cost records.
- Performs a variety of tests to determine whether product functions as specified; determine cause of product failure; analyze test results.
- Responsible for effecting smooth communications and rapport between the customer, other personnel on-site, and company personnel.
- Responsible for keeping the Project Manager aware of the status of the jobs performance needs on a regular basis and in a timely manner.
- Review job files. Review all pertinent data including job layout drawings, specifications and other technical data, as required for a more efficient inspection.
- Review material and equipment lists for installation and service repairs. Document and report any material discrepancies as required.
- Responsible and accountable for all parts, materials, equipment, tools and supplies that are released to technicians custody. Maintain accurate inventory records for all items.
- Responsible for completing all assigned tasks within the specified cost budget and schedule, personally responsible for the quality of work performed.
- Responsible for accurately completing all required documentation (i.e., timesheets, service acknowledgements, quotes, inventory transfer sheets, inspection certificates, etc.) Forward or bring these documents to the office as soon as possible.
- Responsible for obtaining authorization in advance for overtime.
- Assist with the completion of all in-house assembly/test/checkout tasks, as required.
- Assist with solving technical challenges as they arise. Help to resolve potential problems before they can have a negative impact on the customer and the company.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary for performance of duties.
Experience and Skills:
Required – * *
- Must have drivers license and good driving record
- Computer literate including Outlook and the Internet
- Ability to travel as required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced multi-task environment
- Comfortable with taking direction from others
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must be able to follow procedures
- Must have excellent communication skills with co-workers, supervisors, and customers
- Must be in full compliance with company and customers safety program
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
- Valid Drivers License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Completed Trade School or Two Year Degree in Basic Electronics
- Successfully completed advanced access control/CCTV/burglar system manufacturer training
- Must possess a complete understanding of access control/CCTV/burglar systems via on-the-job training, online training, and/or individual research
- Minimum of two years Level III Security Technician experience
- Must be able to work on other manufacturers products without formal training
Kratos PSS, a division of Kratos Defense Systems, is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Work primarily will be in a climate controlled type atmosphere. Occasionally, work will be done either outside or in non-heated or non-air conditioned buildings, presenting possible extremes of hot and cold. The employee will be working in a variety of environments including some that have many special rules and procedures which must be followed at all times. When working in a chemical plant environment, these rules include wearing fire retardant clothing, hard hats, safety harness, hearing protection and other personal protective equipment. This position may require the employee to operate and work from a motorized man-lift. The position may require heavy lifting, climbing and heavy physical exertion.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-233213
Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 18, 2016
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 3 Years
Level of Education: Technical College
Starting Date: October 31, 2016