ICF International Cash Applications Specialist in Fairfax, Virginia
Corporate Business Services Accounting Group Fairfax, VA
- Cash Application Specialist*
- Job Description:*
Responsible for all cash application functions for the organization. The individual will be responsible for daily research and entering of cash receipts in to Costpoint accounting system. Preparation of monthly balance sheet analyses related to advance payments, unapplied cash, and client overpayments. The individual will be responsible to work with and interact with project managers, project finance controllers, and the Billing and Treasury group to ensure accurate and proper application of cash receipts. Frequently interacts with subordinate, clients, and/or peer, normally involving matters within own immediate organization or clients. Coordinate activities of the cash applications functions and serves as subject matter expert in all areas.
- Responsible for the research, follow-up and resolution of deductions taken by customers
- Processing daily cash receipts.
- Working with factor to research and resolve invoice disputes and unapplied payments.
- Data entry of credit/debit memos.
- Responsible for reconciliation, chargeback research and keeping up with vendor compliance.
- Daily interaction with operations, treasury, finance and accounting teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Persistent but professional when dealing with customers and fellow staff.
- Detailed, analytical and a solution provider.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related filed.
- Knowledge of DCAA regulations.
- General accounting experience.
- Costpoint experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing support, including ability to exercise good judgement, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at www.icfi.com/careers/
Requisition ID: /1600004009/