PAE, Inc Data Scientist in Falls Church, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Independently compile data to address simple-complex issues or problems for senior customers.
• Engage with customers to determine the nature of analytic problems, evaluate options, and offer recommendations for resolution.
• Identify and network with appropriate internal and external sources to gather and/or exchange data on specialized matters.
• Build and exploit databases and files.
• Advise customers on the methods and data needed and/or available to evaluate the problem.
• Collaborate with analysts to identify and close gaps on complex problems; devise creative data collection and analysis strategies to fill gaps.
• With minimal supervision, conceive, prepare, and communicate a wide range of strategic, highly complex graphics, computational models/tools, or written/oral assessments to internal and external customers and sponsor’s partners.
• Conceive and prepare thorough, well-argued and authoritative tactical and strategic analytic products (e.g., technical articles, graphic depictions, Sponsor related reports) summarizing the methods and results of data analyses.
• Play a key role in outreach efforts by collaborating with colleagues to develop customer-tailored products.
• Provide sophisticated briefings that clearly and concisely convey highly technical analytic projects.
• Prioritize and plan research and other projects; establish project goals.
• With minimal supervision, provide accurate, timely, complex and sophisticated data analysis in support of key mission priorities.
• Determine and employ the most appropriate research design for data collection and analysis.
• Process and refine large or complex data sets from various sources; utilizing computer programming, where necessary.
• Analyze, evaluate, and assess quantitative data (using statistical software, computer models, geospatial models, software languages, mathematical models) to contribute to or develop software tools, analytic models, or reports.
• Conduct statistical, mathematical, geospatial modeling or data-mining analysis in partnership with other Data Scientist or Analyst colleagues.
• Anticipate and project a wide range of possible outcomes using scenario/alternative analyses, agent based modeling, or other advanced analytic techniques.
• Identify, use, and/or develop methodologies and analytic tools to address existing or potential problems and collection strategies.
1) Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or technical field of study (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physical Science, Quantitative Social Science).
2) Demonstrated experience of appropriate analytic methods and methodological tools in the following areas:
•Applied mathematics (e.g., probability and statistics, formal modeling, computational social sciences)
•Computer programming in one or more of the following languages: SQL, C/C++, JAVA, Python, Perl
•One or more of the following Statistical Tools: SAS, R, SPSS, Matlab, Mahout/MADlib, Stata
•One or more of the following Data Management Tools: Hadoop tools, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, NoSQL, Tableau, Hbase.
3) Demonstrated experience translating complex, technical findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal, or written form.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.
Complete our survey to help us find more candidates like you! Click HERE at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2XWFFF