LGS Innovations Computer Science and Electrical Engineer Co-Ops in Florham Park, New Jersey
LGS is seeking talented, creative and highly motivated undergraduate (juniors & seniors) and/or graduate students for Co-op assignments to work at our research and technology Labs in Florham Park, New Jersey as rising Computer Science and Electrical Engineers. Florham Park is in northern New Jersey, with easy access to both New York City, and a plethora of outdoor recreational venues. We are seeking the ‘best and brightest’ with a passion to solve tough challenges through innovation and the application of science and technology.
The Internet Research Department performs basic and applied research and prototype development in various aspects of Internet and general network security. You will be involved with and learn general software development with potential for low-level kernel programming. Particular focus areas include software development working with commercial grade 4/5G LTE, IP/MPLS, and optical transport equipment. Co-ops have an opportunity to be involved in real-time embedded software development using leading edge Cavium, MIPS, x86 multi-core processors to support deep packet analysis.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Broad computer science/computer engineering and networking background including broad knowledge of IP (v4 and v6) and computer and network security.
- Experience and interest in some of the following technology areas desired: Architecture and design of secure data communications networks, both conventional and wireless; mobile IP, IP multicast; network security, especially security of the Internet and WWW; security strengths and weaknesses of protocols at the network, transport, and application layers; intrusion detection systems; information security systems; firewalls; antivirus systems; honeypots; security of Windows operating systems and applications; virtual private networks; fingerprinting, scanning, and hacking techniques; VoIP ; etc.
- Candidates should be creative, innovative thinkers.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
- Mathematics analysis tools such as MATLAB
- HOL Frameworks & Programming in HOL such as C / C++
- Source Code Control
- Protocols Synthesis and Analysis
- Math / Signal Processing / Linear Algebra
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital IC or RFIC Circuit Designs & CAD Tools
- Hardware Design – boards, multichip packages, VHDL, RTL, devices
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Upper Classman leading to BS, or graduate studies leading to MS or Ph. D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at http://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers.
LGS Innovations is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Florham Park, NJ
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Co-Ops
Location: Florham Park, NJ
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary