U.S. Army Medical Command Physician (Family Practice) in Fort Drum, New York
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Drum, NY
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (6 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (3 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
This position is located at the Primary Care Clinic at Fort Drum, NY. Ft Drum, home of the 10th Mountain Division, is located in Northern New York's picturesque North County, one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful areas of the United States, offering bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities from hunting and fishing to winter sports of all types. Ft Drum borders Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River, Canada, the Adirondack Mountains, and Vermont. For more information regarding Ft Drum, please visit: http://www.drum.army.mil/sites/local/ Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician (Family Practice), you will:
- Examine, diagnose, prevent, and treat medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic patients.
- Provide first contact, continuous, comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and adults.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of individuals.
- Coordinate care across all elements of the healthcare system.
- Complete required records pertaining to all medical services.
- Not Required
- Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country). Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training. Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Experience Required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least 4 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Family Practice. This required Family Practice experience/training will include skills such as, but not limited to, a wide range of medical duties specializing in all aspects of patient care for patients of all ages, such as advanced examination, diagnosis, prevention and treatment.
Other Requirements: Click here for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Two year in a trial/probationary period may be required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- This position requires a Childcare Background Check (CNACI). This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of employment for certain Civilian positions identified as Critical under the Department of Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program)requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- All Health Care Providers must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
Salary Range: $100,957.00 to $215,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GP-0602-14/14
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453623500
Job Announcement Number: NCMD163416851827305HM