U.S. Army Medical Command Clinical Nurse (Emergency Room) in Fort Hood, Texas
U.S. Army Medical Command
2 vacancies in the following location:
- Fort Hood, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (6 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 10/25/2016 (2 day(s) away)
About the Agency
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
*About the Position: *These positions are located at the Carl Darnall Army Medical Center, Emergency Medicine, Emergency Room in Fort Hood, TX.
Ft Hood is nicknamed The Great Place because of the quality of life the post and area offer Soldiers and their families. Ft Hood covers a total of 340 sq miles and rests in the beautiful 'hill and lake' country of Central Texas, between Killeen and Copperas Cove. For those who enjoy the outdoors, Ft Hood is the ideal location because of warm winters and hot summers. The nearby lakes, Belton and Stillhouse, offer year round outdoor recreation activities. Please visit: http://pao.hood.army.mil/.
Fort Hood rests in the beautiful hill and lake country of Central Texas approximately 60 miles north of Austin and 50 miles south of Waco. Because of the weather, outdoor recreation is available much of the year. Two lakes are only 15 minutes away. Affordable urban and suburban housing is readily available. Local colleges provide higher educational opportunities. The area is home to many churches, shopping centers, recreational facilities and fine restaurants.
These positions will require on-call work duties.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Clinical Nurse (Emergency Room) you will perform the following duties:
- Assign staff to patient care duties based on patient condition and expertise of staff.
- Ensure appropriate patient education occurs during the shift and that the appropriate responses to patient emergencies are made.
- Provide comprehensive nursing care to patients based on physician's medical care plan and the physical, mental and emotional needs of the patient.
- Administer oxygen, immunizations, IV fluid, blood transfusion and prescribed oral, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications.
- Set up, operate and monitor specialized equipment.
- Not Required
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Will include shift work or rotating shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays).
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant.
Registration: Active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within 6 months of appointment.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: providing comprehensive nursing care to patients in an emergency room,performing various administrative/floor duties, and monitoring specialized equipment such as cardiac monitors, respirators, defibrillators, etc. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below: Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-10: Successful completion of at least two and a half years (45 semester hours) of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree that is directly related to the work of the position. Combination of Experience and Education Substitution for Specialized Experience for GS-10: If you have some, but not all, of the experience or education described above, you may still qualify by combining the amount of creditable experience and education that you possess. To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education in excess of 36 hours (total semester hours minus 36) by 9. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100% to qualify.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required. These positions have a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- These positions are subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- These positions are Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of Employment for Certain Civilian Positions Identified as Critical Under the Department of the Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program) requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement physical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Must possess and maintain current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- If required, applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work experience.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
Salary Range: $66,022.00 to $80,170.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0610-10/10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453327800
Job Announcement Number: NCMD165992831824981HM