U.S. Army Medical Command Social Worker (Clinical) in Fort Polk, Louisiana
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Polk, LA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (3 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/21/2016 (1 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:
- This position is located at the Bayne-Jones Army Community Hospital, Department of Behavioral Health, Fort Polk, Louisiana.
- With more than 22,000 military members and their families, Ft Polk provides us with a diverse and well-skilled population. The area is considered rural with the Kisatchie National Forest, which offers hunting and recreational activities located nearby. Also located nearby is Toledo Bend, Vernon, and Anacoco Lake for those interested in fishing, boating, or swimming. For more information, please visit: http://www.jrtc-polk.army.mil/JRTC-PolkNEW/sites/local/
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Social Worker (Clinical), you will:
- Employ counseling, psycho-therapeutic, psychometric assessment techniques to assist in the evaluation and treatment of beneficiaries.
- Provide a full range of clinical services to assess, diagnose, and treat patients.
- Facilitate referrals to community agencies and coordinates inpatient psychiatric hospitalization when necessary.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of the social work role within the program, creating or modifying treatment services as needed.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% Business Travel required.
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- Work schedule will require evenings, weekends, and holiday hours.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Degree: Successful completion of at least a Master's Degree in Social Work in a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
Specialized experience is defined as: providing individual or group counseling; conducting bio-psychosocial evaluations for behavioral health patients; and providing diagnosis of behavioral health symptoms. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Licensure: This position requires a current, active, valid, unrestricted clinical license to practice Social Work independently, offered by a U.S. State, District of Columbia, commonwealth, territory or jurisdiction.
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. You must include this information with your application package. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. This requires that a personnel security investigation be adjudicated on a pre-appointment basis which may take up to 90 days or longer to process. The selectee may be allowed to start work prior to adjudication if management approved. If the security clearance is denied or revoked, the individual may be denied or removed from the position, accordingly.
- This position is designated as Key. For positions located within the Continental US (CONUS), the position cannot be vacated during war or national emergency without seriously impairing the mission.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required. This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- All Health Care Providers must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
Salary Range: $71,012.00 to $92,316.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0185-12/12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453351600
Job Announcement Number: NCMD166911751825097EM