U.S. Army Medical Command Supervisory Medical Instrument Technician (Echocardiograph) in Fort Sam Houston, Texas
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Sam Houston, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 10/18/2016 (8 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (1 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Shortage Category and/or Critical Need Health Care Occupations.
About the Position:This position is located at Brooke Army Medical Center, Department of Medicine, Cardiology Service, Non-Invasive Section
Who May Apply:U.S. Citizens
Duties of the position:
- Provide guidance in the form of oral and written instructions on unusual and complex assignments
- Work closely with Cardiologist and Medical Officers on special techniques and procedures, when required.
- Direct assignments and resolve all problems and deviations for the Ultrasound Section.
- Responsible for the operations of the Echocardiography Section, Department of Cardiology for a Level One Trauma Center and standards of the Medical Instrument Technologists (Sonographers) and support staff.
- Directs a work force consisting of four GS-08 and five contractual sonographers and one contractual support staff.
- Not Required
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: performing inpatient and outpatient services in accordance with American Society Echocardiography (ASE) guidelines for digital image acquisition, archiving and preliminary reporting of all cardiac ultrasound imaging, completing studies on new patients per the ASE for congenital heart patients; downloads studies and provides preliminary reports per guidelines. Reports patients unsuitable for imaging. Coordinates maintenance and hospital certification of all cardiology-specific imaging equipment.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Pre-employment physical examination is required.
- Mandatory Seasonal Influenza Vaccination is required.
- Background security investigation is required.
- Immunization Screening is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification is required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 Medical position
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
Salary Range: $53,925.00 to $70,103.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0649-10/10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: See "Who May Apply" Section
Control Number: 453577100
Job Announcement Number: NCFR476031161825767EM