U.S. Army Medical Command Physician (Family Practice) in Fort Sill, Oklahoma
U.S. Army Medical Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Fort Sill, OK
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (8 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (3 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
Medical malpractice liability insurance is not required for federal civilian healthcare providers as they are covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(b)) while acting within the scope of their employment.
Duty location: You will be working for Reynolds Army Community Hospital in the Department of Family Practice at Fort Sill, Oklahoma.
Nestled in the historic American Southwest, the Fort Sill area boasts numerous attractions, expanding and affordable housing, quality school districts, and access to shopping and dining. Lawton/Fort Sill is surrounded by a national treasure, the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. There are thousands of acres for hiking and open ranges for buffalo, elk, longhorn and other wildlife. For those desiring a big city atmosphere, Oklahoma City is only 70 minutes from Fort Sill and Dallas/Fort Worth is only three hours away.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
As a Physician (Family Practice), you will:
- Examine, diagnose, prevent, and treat medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic patients of all ages.
- Provide continuous and comprehensive primary care for infants, children, youth, and adults.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary team of individuals.
- Coordinate and integrate care across all elements of the healthcare system (e.g., subspecialty care, hospitals, home health agencies, and nursing homes).
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% Business Travel required.
- This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- May be required to work weekend call duties and nights.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Degree: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicants graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree, a candidate must have had at least 1 year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a 1-year internship or the first year of a residency program in an institution accredited for such training.
Licensure/Certification: Candidates must have a permanent, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Experience Required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least 4 years of residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training in the specialty of Family Practice. This required Family Practice experience/training will include skills such as, but not limited to, the examination, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of medical, surgical, obstetric, gynecological, and orthopedic care on patients of all ages.
Other Requirements: Click here for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Two year in a trial/probationary period may be required.
- Personnel Security Investigation required.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required. This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for appointment to this position will be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to applicant testing and random drug testing. Tentatively selected applicants will be required to sign DA Form 5019 (Condition of employment for certain Civilian positions identified as Critical under the Department of Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program)requiring participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- Successful completion of a pre-placement physical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) Training and certification that is sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA). Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS completion.
- Position is designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work experience.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 53 position.
Salary Range: $110,000.00 to $230,000.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GP-0602-14/14
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453190200
Job Announcement Number: NCMD163005481823828HM