HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Surgical Scrub Tech Transplant Services in Fort Worth, Texas
Plaza Medical Center is looking for a Certified Scrub Tech for Transplant Services
Work Schedule: Full Time
Under the supervision of the manager and registered nurse, the sugical technician provides safe and efficient care to the patient in the operating room. Included in this assignment is a strong working knowledge of the perioperative setting and effective communication skills in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Assures quality care through compliance with departmental policies, hospital, and external regulatory agency guidelines.
- Performs all duties of the surgical technician.
- Maintains a safe and clean patient care environment.
- Assists in orientation of personnel.
- Supports and demonstrates a customer service commitment to internal and external customers through adherence to Plaza Promise, customer service standards and processes.
- Maintains professional competence through attendance at mandatory and other job related educational opportunities.
- Understands how applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures impact specific job responsibilities and functions.
- Demonstrates actions to reasonably prevent, detect and report unethical and unlawful business practice.
- Performs assigned job functions in a fiscally responsible manner and in accordance with Hospital and departmental policies and procedures regarding business practices.
- Assists in maintaining a safe environment of care by: actively participating in hospital and department safety education and training programs; performing position duties in a safe manner; reporting hazardous conditions or unsafe practices; and abiding by all applicable safety policies and regulations.
- Promotes personal growth and professionalism in the work environment and demonstrates desirable work habits.
- Demonstrates sterile techniques.
- Knowledgeable of surgical principles, techniques, and procedures for the care of patients.
- Knowledge of CV Operating Room procedures and patient preparation for surgery.
- Knowledge of reference standards and regulatory requirements for Operating Room Safety.
- Knowledge of surgical equipment.
- Patient care involving:
- Preparing the operating room and equipment
- Preparing the operating room and sterile field for procedures
- Anticipating the needs of the surgical team
- Pass supplies, equipment or instruments
- Sponge or suction operative site
- Prepare and cut suture
- Transfer and irrigate with fluids
- Transfer but not administer medications on the sterile field
- Handle specimens according to policy
- Hold retractors
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to the needs of the patient.
- Graduate of a formal training program in operating room technology.
- Two years Cardiovascular Operating Room Experience preferred.
- Experience with solid organ transplants preferred
- Current BCLS certification
- Current Certification CST by National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or TS-C by National Center for Competency Testing.
Title: Certified Surgical Scrub Tech Transplant Services
Location: Texas-Fort Worth-Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth - Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 00073-81892