HCA, Hospital Corporation of America RN Cardiovascular PCU PRN in Fort Worth, Texas
Registered Nurse – RN – Cardiovascular PCU Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth Available Positions: PRN
_About Plaza Medical Center_
Plaza Medical Center is a 320 bed MAGNET facility located in the heart of Fort Worth. Plaza serves as a tertiary referral center not only for Tarrant County, but also numerous counties within a 90 mile radius. * Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI * Accredited AMI Program * AccreditedComprehensiveStroke Center * Cardiovascular Center of Excellence Magnet Re-designation December 2015
The cardiac team at Plaza Medical Center is committed to providing advanced, comprehensive heart and vascular care to our patients, their families, and the community.
_RN Job Responsibilities_ The Cardiovascular PCU RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
_Minimum Position Requirements:_ * Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing; BSN preferred. * Current licensure as an RN required * Current BLS and ACLS certifications required * Prefer a minimum of 1 year Acute Care RN experience
Title: RN Cardiovascular PCU PRN
Location: Texas-Fort Worth-Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth - Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 00073-83785