HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Corporate HIM Subject Matter Expert in Franklin, Tennessee
JOB SUMMARY - The Senior Practice Leader has a key role in the planning, development, implementation and maintenance of industry groundbreaking health information management (HIM) service centers (HSCs). The Senior Practice Leader will provide support to the HSCs and guidance, as needed, for any newly acquired acute care facilities until operations activities are transitioned to the HSC. The Senior Practice Leader also initiates, executes, and manages projects associated with company-wide HIM initiatives.
The Senior Practice Leader may initiate, execute, and manage projects associated with HIM inpatient and outpatient coding initiatives; including computer assisted coding, clinical documentation improvement, 3 day window, and ICD-10. The Senior Practice Leader will work with the REGS team as it relates to all coding projects.
The Senior Practice Leader may provide HIM subject-matter expertise to the HIM Shared Services and EHR enabling technologies.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Partner with project management and HSC Leadership to implement project plans for facility acquisitions to an HSC.
* Assist in ensuring compliance with the business case model including standardization across HSCs.
* Assist in developing contingency plans for technology gaps, space issues, personnel issues (retention, inability to recruit), etc.
* Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with support departments (e.g., CSG, REGS, Information Protection, Internal Audit, HPG, IT&S, Education, and Project Management).
* Assist in the management of facility, SSC, Division, Group and Corporate customer relations for HIM initiatives.
* Provide HIM operational support and guidance to the HSCs to create best practices and optimize performance.
* Assist in development of health information management operational strategies for emerging technologies (e.g., EHR, EMPI, Analytics and Clinical Decision Support, computer assisted coding, consumer patient portal, Health Information Exchange, Enterprise Information Management, Information Governance).
* Provide subject matter expertise and strategy guidance on HIM topics (e.g., Transcription, MPI, ROI, Analysis, Data Requests, Document Imaging, Case Management, Record Retention/Destruction, Revenue Cycle, HIPAA Privacy, EHR, Electronic Information Management, Computer Assisted Coding, Health Informatics, Workflow, Legal Health Record, Data Standards, Unbilled Management).
* Practice and adhere to the Company’s Code of Conduct philosophy.
* Practice and adhere to the Company’s Mission and Values.
* Other duties as assigned.
Operational duties as applicable:
* Provide HIM operational support (typically remote, but may require on-site assistance depending on the initiative): including action plan creation and follow-up; task force facilitation; path of escalation.
* Independently organize and lead multiple multi-disciplinary teams to develop and maintain toolkits; including, but not limited to:
o Benchmarking tools
o Interview tools
o Job descriptions
o Policies and procedures/Guidance Documents
o Performance indicators
o Workflow diagrams
* Monitor HSC performance indicators and take action as necessary.
* Conduct routine HSC and Document Imaging Leadership calls and meetings to provide subject matter expertise, share best practices, revise policies and procedures, follow-up on action plans and identified opportunities, and modify workflows.
Coding duties as applicable:
* Provide HIM coding operations support to the HSCs
* Manage, lead, and be accountable for HIM coding projects (e.g., I-10 preparation and implementation, clinical documentation improvement and internal education development,).
* Provide subject matter expertise on HIM coding topics (e.g. coding tools and resources, education, , data collection, analysis and reporting).
* Assist in development of HIM coding tools, resources, and educational materials.
* Assist in facilitating integration of HIM coding business objectives into IT&S product development.
* Assist in the evaluation, selection and maintenance of vendor relationships for health information management coding operations products/services.
* Provide HIM coding subject matter expertise and strategy guidance on HIM topics (e.g. Coding, Data Abstraction, Revenue Cycle, Case Management, and Clinical Documentation Improvement). * Participate in multidisciplinary teams as subject matter expert for special projects and initiatives that affect coding operations * Maintain compliance with external regulatory entities to include governmental agencies and payers Technical duties as applicable: * Provide development support for educational programs (e.g., Legal Heath Record, Data Sharing, Documentation Guidelines, Records Management Principles, basic EHR training and education). * Develop and deploy standards, policies and procedures, best operational practice models, tools, resources, and various educational materials for use of technology and other related initiatives to support HIM and EHR operational excellence and compliance. * Assist in defining system enhancement needs to maximize health information management efficiency and effectiveness related to Parallon HIM and the EHR. * Assist in facilitating integration of health information management operational and compliance business objectives into IT&S product development. * Provides subject matter expertise and facilitates activities with IT&S, in the identification and development and maintenance of new services, platforms and projects within the business intelligence (BI) environments. * Assist in the evaluation, selection and maintenance of vendor relationships for health information management products/services, e.g., HIM Shared Services, Clinical Documentation, and Transcription. * Utilizes critical thinking skills to analyze data and reports to formulate conclusions and develop improvement strategies.
EDUCATION - Undergraduate degree required, Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, ideally in areas like HIM, Business Administration, IT, or Organizational/Change Management
EXPERIENCE - Consulting or proven work experience in areas of process reengineering, shared services, and project management strongly preferred
Operations Support * Minimum 5 years HIM operations experience strongly preferred * Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience required Coding Support * Minimum 5 years recent HIM acute care inpatient coding experience * Prefer at least 2 years recent acute care outpatient coding experience Technology Support * Experience implementing a hospital EHR or similar enabling technology within the last 5 years strongly preferred * Minimum 3 years HIM operations or technology experience * 3-5 years of MEDITECH experience preferred CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - RHIA, RHIT and/or CCS strongly preferred
Title: Corporate HIM Subject Matter Expert
Location: Tennessee-Franklin-Corporate Parallon
Requisition ID: 10251-1199