Community Regional Medical Center Psychiatric Care- Clinical Nurse 2- FT, 12hrs in Fresno, California
*REGISTERED NURSE II Psychiatric Care *
Community Regional Medical Center (CRMC) provides licensure oversight to the Psychiatric Care/Community Behavioral Health Care (CBHC) setting. CBHC is located approximately 10 miles from the CRMC campus. CBHC is licensed to 61 beds and carries an average daily census of 54 patients. CBHC serves adults with acute psychiatric needs. The average length of stay is 5-6 days. The RN patient ratio is 6:1. CBHC is an all RN unit and has Mental Health Workers (who have CNA background) to assist in delivery of daily care.
- Are you a skilled psychiatric or med/surg nurse with the ambition to increase your skills as part of a specialized team?
- Do you want a depth of experience with all sorts of psychiatric diagnosis?
- Would you like to join a team where your talents will be used to the fullest?
- Do you want to be part of a well-established specialty, with opportunities for added responsibilities?
Community Behavioral Health Center is seeking nurses like you for challenging work, 12 hour shifts.
We share responsibilities, and will provide opportunities for leadership, commensurate with your experience and skill set.
In this role you will work closely with the Behavioral Health team members including Psychiatric Nurse Educators who provide 1:1 or group teaching. The population of Behavioral Health patients range from newly diagnosed psychiatric conditions to re-establishing medications and behavioral patterns for existing psychiatric diagnosis. CBHC staff receive educational training in managing psychiatric emergencies, managing aggressive behaviors, de-escalation techniques and 5150 hold applications. Additional training in legal issues for behavioral health settings and assessment criteria is also provided.
With opportunity for growth in skills and educational training you can qualify to pursue additional certifications in this specialty (i.e. American Psychiatric Nurses Asso ). Clinical ladders are also achievable with experience and leadership activities. The CBHC team is nurturing and supportive with lots of resources at your fingertips.
Minimum requirements include; Graduation from an accredited registered nursing program. Current RN license for the state of California, BLS certification
Qualities and experience we are looking for:
Ability to work closely with behavioral health team members.
Excellent communication & problem solving skills.
Desire to work closely with skilled psychiatrists, therapists and other team members in all areas of this specialty.
CRMC is the flagship hospital of Community Medical Centers – a private, not-for-profit healthcare system based in Fresno, California, and the largest healthcare provider and private employer in central California. We measure up with top hospitals nationally and are the 3rd largest in California. With 685 beds, we are home to the only Level 1 Trauma and comprehensive burn centersbetween Los Angeles and Sacramento. The 56,000 square-foot emergency department is one of the largest and busiest in the state. We have an 84 bed Level 3 NICU and a brand new pediatric specialty care unit. Future plans include building a women and children’s facility on campus and expanding with 65 additional beds. Our hospital serves 2.5 million people within 9 counties, averaging a daily census of 641 patients. We’re affiliated with UCSF as a teaching facility and have trained 3,000 Medical Doctor’s to date plus remain investing in research and training grants.
* *We provide excellent health benefits (medical, dental & vision) along with a 403(b) package to plan for your future. Additionally, you will accrue paid time off (PTO) from your first day of employment, totaling 5 weeks as a full-time employee. Other Benefits include; Long-term Disability Insurance, Basic Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage, Educational Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Credit Union Membership, Retirement Planning classes, and an onsite Fitness Center, 24 hour Subway and concierge service.
Job Title: Psychiatric Care- Clinical Nurse 2- FT, 12hrs
Facility: Community Regional Medical Center
Employment Type Description: Full Time - 12hour
Location: Community Behavioral Health Center
Shift Hours/Days: Night shift 1900-0730
Job Number: JO-1609-19209
Date Posted: 9/20/2016
Minimum Years Experience: 1
Required Degree: Registered Nurse (R.N.)