HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Financial Analyst in Gainesville, Florida
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general direction, administers the general accounting and patient business services, including third-party reimbursement, financial and statistical reporting functions of the hospital, in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Completes all assigned Journal Entries per time schedule for the hospital and joint ventures.
- Prepares statistical reporting for the hospital and joint ventures.
- Reviews the assigned sections of FS trial balance for accuracy.
- Reconciles assigned balance sheet accounts on a timely basis.
- Assists with preparation of annual Medicare Cost report work papers.
- Prepares assigned year-end and interim work papers.
- Assist in annual budget process, preparing schedules and researching accounts.
- Prepares budgets for assigned joint ventures.
- Supports Controller and CFO with any special assignments.
- Maintains all accounting functions for assigned joint ventures.
- Monitor and report historical trends, interpret data concerning trends and forecasts.
- Utilize statistical, economic, and financial principles to prepare reports.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Prepare SOX controls report and Security Access report.
- Performs other related functions as assigned.
*EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: * Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related discipline.
*EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: * 3 – 5 years experience preferably in health care accounting.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES: Demonstrated success and abilities in leadership, achieving results, customer service and health care management. Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word. Excellent verbal and written communication. Demonstrated knowledge of financial analysis and heavy attention to detail.
Title: Financial Analyst
Location: Florida-Gainesville-North Florida Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00039-10237