Welcov Healthcare Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN ) in Garretson, South Dakota
Description: Maybe you’re in school and the idea of tuition reimbursement appeals to you. Or perhaps you’re just looking for consistent hours and more work/life balance. The healthcare landscape has changed over the years. Nursing homes now have a range of patients whom have an assortment of needs. This means the nursing needs have had to adjust as well. All of our nurses are trained in advanced clinical capabilities and we provide opportunities for job growth. Come work for a place that offers: 1. Ability to exercise your technical skills and expand your knowledge with future training 2. Opportunities for development and advancement 3. Work/life balance (no mandates) 4. Consistent hours and scheduling or opportunities for on-call hours 5. Tuition reimbursement 6. Loan forgiveness program 7. Competitive benefits and compensation 8. Core values of accountability, compassion, respect, empowerment and trust. This position will work evenings and nights.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) you:
- Supervise under the direction of an RN, other licensed and non-licensed staff in the day-to-day delivery of patient care
- Prepare and review medical records, nurses’ notes and assess patients under the direction of an RN, to evaluate their physical and emotional status
- Provide nursing care as directed by an RN, and according to the Physician’s orders, care plans, established standards, policies and procedures
- Prepare and administer medications under the direction of an RN and as ordered by the physician in accordance with nursing standards and facility policies
- Sign, date and perform all charting and recordkeeping in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Use a holistic, individualized approach in caring for residents who come to our communities. Become a nurse that provides outstanding customized care. No resident is the same nor should they be treated the same.
Requirements for the position are:
- Current LPN license in the state you are working
- Must have the ability to verbally communicate and problem solve effectively with patients, staff, physicians, and families
- Manual dexterity to perform such functions as administering injections, inserting catheters and pushing a medication cart
- Must have the ability to complete forms and records (will be required to assist with lifting and transferring patients, as needed)
- Basic computer skills
- No experience necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V
We conduct drug and alcohol testing as allowed by applicable state law.
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Facility: Palisade Healthcare Community
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN )