Welcov Healthcare Nursing Assistant ( CNA ) in Garretson, South Dakota
Description: The healthcare landscape has changed over the years. Nursing homes now have a range of patients who have an assortment of needs. This means the nursing needs have had to adjust as well. If you are excited about a potential career in nursing, opportunities for job advancement or just want to make a difference every day…then this role is for you. Success stories start with you! Come work for a place that: 1. Supports growth opportunities 2. Offers competitive benefits and compensation. 3. Provides work/life balance 4. Stands by our core values of accountability, compassion, respect, empowerment and trust. This position will work days and evenings.
As a Certified Nursing Assistant (C NA) you:
- Report to the RN or LPN on duty.
- Provide care to the patient in accordance with the patient’s care plan.
- Understand and follow nurses’ standards of practice for a certified nursing assistant
- Report changes in resident condition to charge nurse, such as unusual signs or symptoms, accidents or injuries, etc.; and provide nursing function as directed by supervisor
- Record care and tasks completed for patient in medical record
- Must maintain regular attendance.
Requirements for the position are:
- Current CNA license or must be state certified after four (4) months of employment
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to complete the job.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with other employees.
- Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiry.
Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V
We conduct drug and alcohol testing as allowed by applicable state law.
Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Facility: Palisade Healthcare Community
Job Title: Nursing Assistant ( CNA )
Department: Environmental Services