Washington State Food Service Manager 5 (WCCW) in Gig Harbor, Washington
Food Service Manager 5 Washington Corrections Center for Women (WCCW) THIS RECRUITMENT IS OPEN TO PERMANENT WASHINGTON STATE, DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS EMPLOYEES ONLY**
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Food Service Manager 5 at Washington Corrections Center for Women (WCCW).
WCCW is a 62 acre, 900 bed facility located approximately two miles from Gig Harbor. The site includes living units, administration buildings, a health clinic, education buildings, a gymnasium, a chapel, industries buildings, food service buildings and support facilities.
Whether the work is inside a prison, in community corrections, or in an administrative office, the Washington State Department of Corrections professional staff experience a high degree of personal satisfaction knowing they are creating environments in which all offenders can learn to make choices that contribute to a safer society.
The Food Service Manager 5 at WCCW has the primary responsibility for management of the Food Services Program to include:
- Supervise plan, lead, organize and monitor a full scale Food Service program for a 24/7 facility serving meals for 900+ offenders.
- Ensure that food service resources are available and utilized in accordance with program needs and budget.
- Provide operational and policy oversight in support of food service activities.
- Staff and supervise food service employees.
- Serve as a member of the Extended Leadership Team. Qualifications
Bachelor's Degree in institution management, hotel and restaurant administration, home economics, business administration or related field ANDtwo years of supervisory/administrative experience including planning and budgeting
One year of supervisory experience in the food services field. Experience working in a correctional, institutional or residential setting which provide meals.
Licensing, Certification, or other special requirements and/or conditions:
Possess and maintain a food handler's permit
**IT IS A REQUIREMENT TO:
Provide a minimum of three (3) professional references with your application. The Department of Corrections defines a professional reference as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include nonrelated professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
Failure to provide this information may result in your application not being considered for this position.
Your answers to the supplemental questions MUST be supported by the work experience section in your application, or you may not be considered for this position. Resumes will not replace the "Work Experience" section of your online application. You may be disqualified if your work experience does not include information used to: 1) Meet the minimum qualifications of the job, and 2) back up your answers to the supplemental questions.
Only complete applications will be considered. Please ensure the application is complete, with employer and supervisor addresses and telephone numbers and that all other blocks of information are complete, to include salary and the reason for leaving prior employment. Incomplete applications may eliminate the candidate from further consideration.**
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A preemployment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- If this position is included in a Union Shop, employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email Crystal Wargo @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 253-858-4675. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 711 or 800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10557
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,907.00 - $5,126.00 Monthly
Location: Pierce County - Gig Harbor, WA