Midwestern University Administrative Assistant - Clinical Skills and Simulation Center in Glendale, Arizona
The Administrative Assistant provides receptionist and administrative support for the Clinical Skills and Simulation Center. The position reports to the Director of the Clinical Skills and Simulation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative support for events, lab sessions, and/or assessments:
- Email notifications to students
- Send and track availability requests for events at the direction of the Standardized Patient Coordinator
- Pre-event non-technical preparations at the direction of the Clinical Skills Coordinator (room set up, supplies, faculty packets, sign in sheets, etc)
- Track equipment usage and sign out
- Prepare/collect laundry for weekly pick up. Restock clean linens upon return.
- Assist with transfer of simulators or simulator equipment to remote locations on campus
- Assist with lab set up in Center or remotely
- Other duties as assigned for simulation or lab event
Perform internal administrative duties to include:
- Prepare document copies (includes materials for training sessions, informational meetings, new hire orientation, etc.)
- Organize and maintain non-event related files and records
- Log and track annual SP paperwork including occasional vehicle sticker requests
- Schedule appointments/meetings for the Director using Outlook
- Generate Department and CSC Advisory Committee minutes as directed
- Process check requests and reimbursement
- Maintain office supplies
- Serve as backup to SP Coordinator for SP payroll
- Assist the Director with mailings and faxes
- Assist with additional administrative projects as necessary
Perform external/customer service duties to include:
- Answer/screen telephone calls
- Greet guests as they enter the Clinical Skills and Simulation Center
- Prepare for tours made through the Center
- Communicate with customers in a timely and professional manner
- Other duties as assigned
* Supervisory Responsibilities*
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be highly organized and detail oriented, with good oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities and deadlines. Must be a self- starter and able to maintain the confidentiality of student and center information. Customer service/satisfaction is a high priority for this position.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED and 2-3 years administrative support experience required; however, an Associate degree with 3-5 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor degree highly desired. Experience working in a team and customer service oriented environment.
Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Experience with CAE Learning Space is highly desired.
* Language Skills*
Intermediate skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Intermediate skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
**Basic skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 30-40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
High School or better
1-2 years:1-2 years of administrative support experience required
Posted: August 16, 2016