Midwestern University Assistant Director - AZ - One Health Center in Glendale, Arizona
NOTE: Per MWU policy, employees are eligible to apply for internal positions upon completing a minimum of six months of employment at MWU in their current position, have a satisfactory performance record and have no disciplinary actions within a 12-month period. Upon approval of the Department Head, staff members with less than six months of service can apply and be considered for internal positions within their current department. Staff members with less than six months of service will not be considered for internal positions outside of their current department. Management retains the discretion to make exceptions to the policy
The Assistant Director of the One Health Center (OHC) is an administrative position in Midwestern University (MWU), based in Glendale, AZ, but with duties that will include the Downers Grove, IL, campus as well. A DVM or VMD is required and an advanced degree (PhD or MPH) is desirable. The individual will hold a half-time position in the College of Veterinary Medicine at MWU. The OHC Assistant Director reports administratively to the OHC Director. The primary responsibility of this individual’s OHC effort is to further the development and management of MWU’s One Health Initiative.
- Actively participate in the development of the One Health Center (OHC) and its component initiatives at both the Glendale, AZ, and Downers Grove, IL, campuses.
- Incorporate One Health into Interprofessional Education (IPE) efforts across MWU.
- Launch inaugural One Health Grand Rounds.
- Incorporate veterinary medicine into the existing MWU Homeless Outreach through Medicine and Education (HOME) program.
- Identify partnerships with relevant One Health institutions and entities, both nationally and internationally.
- Advise OHC Director on opportunities for implementing One Health concepts into basic science and professional curricula, plans and strategies.
- Design, print and present One Health awareness campaign materials; schedule publications and presentations within the academic community.
- Track level of integration (by number and college or program) of One Health education, research, and service collaborations to assess future need and type of professional development and planning.
- Oversee Educational Coordinators at Glendale, AZ, and Downers Grove, IL, campuses. If a Master of Public Health (MPH) program is established at MWU, assist with the development and fully accreditation of such program.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Doctorate or better
Posted: April 18, 2016