Midwestern University Assistant Professor - Department of Pathology in Glendale, Arizona
Serves as a part-time (0.4FTE) faculty member in the Department of Pathology. He or she will be responsible for lectures in the MS2 Pathology course and the BASI Integrated Basic Science Course for Optometry and Dentistry. He or she shall serve the university on appointed and elected committees. Professor will work under the supervision of other faculty members including the specific Course and Module Directors and the Chair of the Department for accomplishing the teaching mission. Additional instructional responsibilities may be assigned.
- Provide instruction to students per lecture as coordinated and assigned by the Course and Module Directors and the Department Chair.
- Develop and prepare exam questions appropriate to the lecture given by the professor and to the course. Assess and evaluate student performance on exams.
- Attend departmental meetings and assist in all aspects of the departmental mission.
- Any other duties attendant to meeting objectives of the educational program of the department.
- Attend didactic lectures in departmental courses to familiarize oneself with the material presented.
- Mentor students who are struggling with the course or otherwise request assistance.
- Proctor exams as required.
- May propose and offer additional courses as administratively approved.
- Participate in appropriate scholarly activity, such as research, clinical practice of Pathology, or lectures to other groups.
- Service to the university through active participation in appointed or elected committees and effective committee leadership.
- Perform additional duties as required and coordinated with the Department Chair.
- Department Chair is supervisor and evaluator. The professor will work closely with other Course, Module Directors, Program Directors and other faculty. These individuals may also provide input into the evaluation and assessment of performance.
- Have continuous contact with the department Administrative Assistant on matters of time and attendance, clerical, and secretarial services as well as ordering of supplies and laboratory budget.
- Maintain contact with faculty personnel within the Pathology Department and other departments and programs when deemed necessary.
- These relationships are expected to be professional and courteous.
*Education and Experience Requirements: *Graduation from a recognized/accredited Osteopathic or Allopathic Medical College or University with a Medical Degree D.O. or M.D. Completion of a residency in Pathology with Board Certification or eligibility. Experience in the practice of Pathology preferred.
- Willing to work early hours for proctoring exams as early 6:00 a.m.; and late hours for afternoon small groups as late as 5:00 p.m.
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills are required.
- Able to lecture of 2-3 hours continuous with hourly 10 minute breaks.
- Exhibit an ability to work creatively and cooperatively to foster a collegial environment to accomplish all aspects of the department and university’s mi
If this sounds like you, and you would like to learn more about the Basic Sciences Department - Pathology = at Midwestern University, please send a letter of inquiry or intent (preferably via email) to:
Tony Tullot, MD
Basic Sciences Department
Chair - Pathology
19555 N. 59th Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85308
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Doctorate or better
Posted: August 26, 2016