Midwestern University Clinic Application Specialist in Glendale, Arizona
The Clinic Application Specialist supports the specific clinic application of axiUm in the Dental Clinic environment. The individual works closely with physicians and clinic staff to customize the software application(s) to fit the needs of the clinic. This position will require several weeks of formalized training to become axiUm certified. The individual will deliver training to the physicians and clinic staff based on the use of the software and hardware used within the Dental Clinic and the Dental Program. The individual also performs system monitoring and software patches/updates for the various clinic related applications along with supporting hardware technologies used in the clinic. The position reports to the Lead Clinic Application Specialist at the Glendale Campus. The work hours for this position will be from 8:30AM-5:00PM and may be subject to change based on clinic requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support a large dental clinic environment (240+ chairs) customizing the clinic application(s) to fit the needs of each service offered in the dental clinic. This position will have a primary focus on the dental clinic application axiUm.
- Troubleshoot issues related to the axiUm application from an administrator level role. This will require time to become axiUm certified with annual training as needed.
- Work with the software vendors to provide a resolution to the support request.
- Work with the physicians and staff to develop new forms and modify existing forms to meet new workflows.
- Deliver training as needed to new and existing physicians and clinic staff as it relates to the clinic software applications.
- Perform system monitoring and software patches/updates for the axiUm and other clinic-related hardware and software applications as assigned.
- Team up with Clinic Technicians to assist with troubleshooting hardware failures as required.
- Other support will include but not limited to Allscripts, NextGen, and other clinic applications along with their ancillary supporting applications as a backup to other Application Specialists.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge, skills, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Must possess excellent oral/written communication skills and the ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- The individual must be able to generate creative solutions and develop innovative approaches
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study required with 4-6 years of related working experience. Working knowledge on Practice Management (PM) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) software applications strongly desired. axiUm experience preferred but other EHR/PM experience will be considered.
- It is critical to have a working knowledge of HIPAA compliance and other regulatory bodies from an information systems perspective.
- This person must have proven experience with a database solutions and a Windows environment with strong skills in developing reports within an EHR/PM application.
- The candidate must have a high level understanding of Practice Management and EHR systems from an office workflow perspective and experience providing face-to-face customer support and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in providing technical support and troubleshooting for software and hardware peripherals is essential.
- This person will work independently at times and function as an integral part of the team.**
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*“Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).” *
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Bachelors or better
Posted: April 16, 2016