Midwestern University Sr. Administrative Assistant -AZ - AZCOM - Clinical Education in Glendale, Arizona
This position reports to the Assistant to the Dean for AZCOM and supports the Clinical Education Department.
General office support*:*
- Greet and assist students/visitors to the Clinical Education Department
- Direct callers to the appropriate Clinical Education Department staff or faculty member
- Maintain reception area and student computers daily
- Organize and maintain Clinical Education file room; includes misc. filing, record purging
- Distribute department mail
- Forward paperwork received in the office to the appropriate individual
- Receive medical supplies on behalf of faculty/staff and notify them of delivery
- Keep schedule for the Clinical Education conference room; utilize MWU Resource Scheduler for meetings in other areas of the campus
- Online ordering of office supplies for entire department
- Online ordering of books, misc. items, including medical supplies
- Assist new hire staff/faculty with desk set-up, phone set-up, desk/door plates, tech requests
- Prepare new preceptor packets for COEE Coordinator or faculty, as requested
- Cross train to another position in the department, as directed, by the Assistant to the Dean of AZCOM
- Arrange/take minutes for AZCOM Committees, as assigned by Assistant to the Dean of AZCOM. Current assignments: PRC Committee, Curriculum Committee, and Department Chair meetings
- Coordinate and manage MSIII attendance at state medical board meetings
- Send out and track yearly graduate survey forms and create yearly report for Associate Dean of Academic Affairs. Will work with Assistant to the Dean of AZCOM on this project
- Process online membership renewals, other approved purchases made via check request, purchase requisition, or with Clinical Education department card at direction of department staff and/or Assistant to the Dean of AZCOM
- CME/book money allowance tracking for faculty; coordinate with Assistant to Dean of AZCOM and other support staff
- Assist Associate Dean of Clinical Education with miscellaneous projects
- Assist with on or off campus AZCOM events, scheduled college inspections, etc. at the direction of the Assistant to the Dean of AZCOM
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years administrative support experience required. One year certificate from college or technical school and/or Associate degree and 5-7 years relevant working experience desired. Experience working in a team and customer service oriented environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Intermediate skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Intermediate skills: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
High School or better
3-5 years:Administrative Support
Posted: October 12, 2016