Midwestern University Sr. Administrative Assistant - AZ - Speech-Language Pathology in Glendale, Arizona
The Senior Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Speech-Language Institute, including Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) Program Director, Director of Clinical Education, and program faculty. The position reports to the SLP Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform office duties, including but not limited to: scheduling appointments; welcoming patients and their families; compose/edit/type letters, memos, and reports; organize/maintain department files and patient records; assist families with technology, assist SLP graduate student clinicians, support the clinic coordinator; maintain office supplies
- Execute administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Attending department meetings
- Recording meeting minutes
- Department scheduling
- Program Director and faculty calendars
- SLP course scheduling
- Updating program website
- Communicating with Registrar regarding curriculum changes
- Preparation of course materials and examinations
- Completion of expense reports and check requisitions
- Managing departmental communication
- Developing and managing department files
- Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years administrative support experience required. One year certificate from college or technical school and/or Associate degree and 5-7 years relevant working experience preferred. Experience working in a team and customer service oriented environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Computer proficiency in MS Office 0fVord, Excel, Outlook). Willingness to learn new software programs. Experience with iPad technology.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 1O pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
High School or better
Posted: October 4, 2016