Natural Grocers Facilities Manager in Golden, Colorado
CO, Golden - DISTRIBUTION CENTER
The Facilities Manager position plans, directs, and implements the Repairs, Warranty and Contract functions for all locations of Natural Grocers by Vitamin Cottage.
Key responsibilities include the following essential functions, but are not limited to:
• Implements a system to manage repairs and maintenance requests and prioritizes maintenance needs by taking into consideration the severity of the issue, age of the store, and lease termination dates.
• Is the first point of contact for all requests for repairs
• Schedules proper person to handle all repair requests and dispatches service technician out to the location to fix the equipment
o If out of state, contacts contracted service provider to set up service call
• Provides World Class customer service to locations by
o Following up with the requestor to provide an estimated time of service
o Following up with the requestor after the repairs are completed to ensure satisfaction
o Creating and maintaining repair log to track repair calls on an on-going basis
o Reviewing store repair logs to verify time spent on contracted repair services
• Reviews repair bills for accuracy, codes the bills and forwards to appropriate manager for approval per company policy.
o Repair costs totaling up to $1000 must be approved by Construction Project Manager; costs exceeding $1000 must be approved by a Company Executive (in the following order: Kemper, Liz, Zephyr, Heather).
• Tracks and ensures ongoing maintenance activities are performed at all locations (by either Home Office or store staff) including but not limited to:
o HVAC systems preventative maintenance
o HVAC systems vented at the stores
o Cleaning of exterior vents of refrigeration units
• Performs generator testing, rebates on new stores, and auto doors preventative maintenance
• Forklift operator license must be kept current for this position. Must follow and demonstrate safe forklift operating procedures at all times.
• Develops strategies for preventative maintenance.
• Processes employee’s time for payroll
• Creates and maintains warranty files for all equipment in all locations.
• Applies applicable warranties to equipment that are in need of repair at all locations
• Evaluates extended warranties where applicable and prepares recommendations for Executive Management approval
• Maintains Operations and Maintenance Manuals and built drawings
• Sets up all facility-related service contracts for new stores
• Recommendations presentations include analysis of the following:
Historical information on previous contracts compared with new terms and pricing
Compare and contrast pricing and terms of new service providers
• This position does not have the authority to sign contracts. All contracts are signed by Executive Management only.
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be “hands on” and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Education, Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years or equivalent experience as Facilities Manager in multi-location environment.
• Hands-on experience with repairs and maintenance, to include, plumbing , electrical, mechanical, carpentry and landscaping
• Forklift Operator license must be kept current for this position.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Provides excellent customer service
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Current driver’s license, a clean driving record and proof of insurance are required
• Travel required
This job description is not an employment contract. It does not guarantee a job or that the above listed duties are the limit of responsibilities. The job and job description are subject to change with and without notice. Employees are required to accomplish
any and all tasks assigned to him/her by their Manager and/or other Home Office managers that my not be listed in this job description.