HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse - RN Float Pool NIGHTS in Gulfport, Mississippi
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES – The registered nurse holds shift accountability to provide direct patient care by utilizing the nursing process in accordance with the established policies and procedures of Garden Park Medical Center, maintains clinical competencies through continuing education, and delegates patient care priorities commensurate with the education and experience of available staff. The Float Pool nurse will be available / willing to work in any assigned unit as needed by the facility and will maintain all the appropriate nursing competencies for all units included in the program.
SUPERVISOR – House Supervisor
SUPERVISES – LPNs and Patient Care technicians
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assesses, and plans for the care of assigned patients.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, and monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES – This position requires the following minimal requirements:
- Must have customer service abilities including effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Must role model ethical, safe, fiscally responsible practices.
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions and follow verbal instructions.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities, including the ongoing patient assessments, evaluation of test results, reporting of critical values to providers, and the administration of medications to multiple patients.
- Must have the ability to assess and respond to changes in patient status in a safe and effective manner.
- Must demonstrate the technical and professional knowledge of an RN.
- Must demonstrate teamwork and team building skills.
- Must comply with the provisions of the Nurse Practice Act for the practice of professional nursing particularly in area of specialization, delegation, and supervision.
- Must possess age-appropriate care competencies and be able to modify care based on patient’s age and developmental status, including young adult through geriatric age groups.
EDUCATION – Graduate from an accredited professional nurse program. Bachelors degree preferred
EXPERIENCE – Must have at least 5 years nursing experience. Proficient in reading cardiac rhythm strips; titrating medication; and ventilators with trauma experience
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE – Must possess a current Registered Nurse license from the State of Mississippi; current BLS certification, ACLS certification, and PALS. TNCC preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS – Must be able to climb, kneel, stoop and perform assigned duties under semi-stressful situations. Physical demands require performing heavy cleaning projects with short notice. Visual acuity is required in order to ensure that work is being done correctly. Work is moderately heavy with frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighting up to 25 pounds. Work also involves considerable walking, standing, pushing and pulling of equipment and frequent lifting of patients.
Making Garden Park Medical Center a great place to work is a top priority
At Garden Park, we want to be the employer of choice on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We understand that our employees juggle multiple demands both in and outside of the workplace.
For this reason, we offer a variety of programs and resources to help meet your needs. Our focus is clear: a culture focused on recruiting and retaining talented employees within a culture where you are our top priority. An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.
Title: Registered Nurse - RN Float Pool NIGHTS
Location: Mississippi-Gulfport-Garden Park Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06212-2658