Army National Guard Units (Title 32) ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT in Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Hanscom AFB, MA
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Friday 10/14/2016 (8 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (6 day(s) away)
This is a ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT position supporting the USPFO MA. This is a Bargaining Unit position. The unit point of contact and contact phone for this position is: LTC Andrew Childress, (339) 202-3801
MASSACHUSETTS ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
This position is open to all current members of the Massachusetts Army National Guard.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Massachusetts Army National Guard.
Currently there is one vacancy to be filled; however additional vacancies that occur within 90 days may be filled from this announcement.
Work involving supervising or performing clerical, assistant, or technical work which requires knowledge of the procedures, established guidelines, and techniques involved in carrying out the work of the organization.
- Not Required
- Must be a member of the Massachusetts Army National Guard
- Pre-Employment physical is required
- Direct Deposit is required
- Must submit the required OF 306, or you will be disqualified
- *References Worksheet is required for all applicants who are not current
- full-time employees of the Massachusetts National Guard* (M-Day Soldiers)
- Favorable background check is required
General Experience: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: Must have at least 12 months experience in the interpretation and application of regulations, procedures or laws. Experience that provided a working knowledge of administrative functions. Experience demonstrating the ability to advise lower graded employees. Experience working independently and setting priorities with very little supervisory control.
Military grade range:
ENL: PFC - SSG
WO: WOC - CW2
All applications will be considered regardless of Branch/AOC/FA/MOS.
Compatible Military Assignment:
ENL: 42A, 36B, 92A, 92Y, 92Z
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made, you may be referred to the hiring official for further consideration and possible interviews. You will be notified by email as to the status of your application after each step is completed.
The Federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees. The following Web address is provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
Office of Personnel Management Main New Employee Website - http://www.opm.gov/insure/newemploy/index.asp
* 1.* If you are a male applicantwho was born after 12/31/59 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency.
* 2.* Please do not send/fax/courier/email any applications or resumes to the National Guard Human Resource Office. You must apply on-line or fax your application to the fax number listed on this announcement with the prescribed Cover Letter. The Human Resource Office can only process materials received through USA Jobs.
3. MILITARY INCENTIVES - BONUSES AND STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM: Ifyou are selected for this position, you may lose your eligibility for your National Guard Enlistment/Reenlistment Bonus and Student Loan Repayment Program incentives. In order to avoid losing your incentive eligibility, you should check with your incentives manager prior to accepting an offer for the position.
For M-Day/Traditional personnel who are currently receiving incentives to include Bonuses and the Student Loan Repayment Program incentive, the following termination rule applies:
IncentiveTermination without Recoupment:
If you accept an Active Guard Reserve (AGR) position or a Military Technician (Mil Tech) Permanent or Indefinite position after 25 February 2010 where membership in the National Guard is a condition of employment, your bonus will be terminated with no recoupment.
Salary Range: $43,828.00 to $56,976.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0303-07/07
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: National Guard Membership is Required
Control Number: 453109200
Job Announcement Number: T17-05