Nike DTC Retail Construction Director in Hilversum, Netherlands
Joining the Retail team at our European head office near Amsterdam you will oversee and lead the development and construction of retail projects within Europe.
• Develop and deliver Store Construction strategy.
• Lead direct reporting team of project managers.
• Set targets, objectives, and clear responsibilities for all direct reports, progressively monitor individual performance against the agreed criteria and conduct formal appraisals in keeping with time frames.
• Foster and develop a spirit of project team effort.
• Assist in resolution of differences between departments or groups on assigned projects.
• Partner with European HQ and global functions to ensure strategic alignment.
• Able to plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the execution of complex construction projects.
• Able to delegate and manage multiple operations effectively.
• Oversee and orchestrate execution of construction projects.
• Continuously value-engineer and re-evaluate store concepts for better cost/value comparison.
• Develop, coordinate, and manage a contracting plan and tender and negotiate designer, architect, contractor, and consultant services for Nike owned stores.
• Develop and implement a quality audit program, monitors contractor corrective actions, and ensure a quality conforming to plans and specifications.
• Plan, develop and manage contract documents in support of projects. Includes liaison with Nike Legal and professional counsel.
• Monitor contractor’s work for compliance with schedule, budget, quality, safety, and overall conformance with the contract documents.
• Contribute to the project management knowledge base by sharing best practices, to improve the quality of project management services and build the capabilities of colleagues.
• Recommend policy and procedure improvements.
• Manage financial budgets, including team expenses.
• Circa 10 years’ leadership experience in retail construction project management.
• Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Engineering/ Management/Surveying or related field.
• Multi-project management and planning experience within retail preferred.
• Must understand the competitive market, customers and retail trends.
• Must be able to use financial data to make sound decisions on budget management and maximization of revenues, profits and sales opportunities.
• Must be able to understand complex business issues and find creative ways to solve problems.
• Must have ability to communicate complex topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience.
• Can work successfully with a diverse group of people on all levels to reach common goals.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Knowledge of any other European language is a plus.
• Computer proficient (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project).
• Willing to travel