Mattress Firm AX Application Support in Houston, Texas
AX Application Support
First Open Date:
This position is responsible for providing application support for the company’s application platforms implemented at Mattress Firm.
• Ensures that application functional designs are sound and integrated with existing systems. • Writes manuals for helpdesk to describe installation and operating procedures. • Understands and adheres to configuration change control standards for system changes • Tests on-line the report applications for Corporate systems. • Enhances applications for end user reporting. • Provides application technical & functional support for helpdesk. • Schedules and reviews daily/weekly/monthly computer operations jobs for Corporate Systems.
• Monitors, troubleshoots, and tunes system performance in partnership with technical database administrators, developers and vendors. • Assists other programmers and analysts in evaluating and diagnosing problems and recommending necessary troubleshooting activity. • Runs applications designed to produce interface files for external systems. • Actively participates in testing phase by developing test plans.
• Assists with application system and database software upgrades. • Provides support for business analyst responsible for creating program specifications. • Provides support for table maintenance and system table updates. Completes other projects and special assignments as requested by Senior Management
Key Accountabilities • Provides application support for accounting and finance systems • Assists with User Support as needed
Knowledge Requirements: • MS Office (Access & Excel) • Visual Studio • MS SQL Server • MS Analysis Services
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
• 5+ years IT experience
• 3+ years Retail experience