Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Physician Assistant - Dermatology in Houston, Texas
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Houston, TX
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Wednesday 7/27/2016 (91 day(s) ago)
** Closes Wednesday 7/26/2017 (273 day(s) away)
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN) 1738587
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
*This is an open continuous announcement. Applications will be reviewed every two weeks starting on August 10, 2016 for qualified applicants. *
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority.**
This position is located in the Medical Care Line. He/she acts as an agent of the managing physician in providing clinical care to patients in the Dermatology Section of the Medical Care Line (MCL) and is responsible for reporting his/her patient care activities in the medical record. The clinical duties of the PA are those specifically described in the Scope of Practice prepared by the PAÆs managing physician in consultation with the PA and approved by the Medical Care Line Executive and the Chief of Staff. Additionally, the PA will:
- Perform initial histories and physical examinations on both inpatients and outpatients.
- Provide ongoing outpatient care for assigned patients.
- Screen outpatients to determine need for further care.
- Prescribe medications within defined scope of practice.
- Order diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests, x-rays, etc (as needed).
- Carry out health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Follow clinical practice guidelines established by the VA.
- Initiate and expedite requests for consultations and scheduling special tests and studies.
- Makes interim summaries of the patient's medical record.
- Provides education and counseling of patients and families in preventive care, medical conditions, and use of prescribed treatments and drugs.
- Perform minor surgical and laser procedures within Scope of Practice, after appropriate training by dermatology staff.
- Assist with teledermatology program.
- Travel to CBOC facilities to provide triage, perform basic diagnostic tests, and administer basic dermatologic therapy.
Work Schedule:*Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm (Includes days/times and whether alternate work schedule is available)*
Functional Statement Title/#: Physician Assistant - Dermatology, Medical Care Line
Note: Dermatology Clinic and selected CBOCS MEDVAMC. This position is intended toservice CBOCs of the MEDVAMC as indicated by the Chief of Dermatology. This position will involve regular travel toand from the CBOCS. The selectedindividual will spend a minimum of the first six months of employment intraining in the Dermatology Clinic at MEDVAMC.
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Designated and-or Random Drug Testing required
- Background and-or Security Investigation required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education. The candidate must meet the following (1) Graduate of a PA training program, or of a surgical assistant program which is accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission of Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor organizations and (2) A Bachelor's degree from an accredited PA training program or in another health sciences related field from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Certification. (1) Current and continuous certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants (NCCPA) is required for employment in VHA.
Preferred Experience: The applicant should have at least two years of medical care delivery. Prior dermatology experience a bonus but is not required, as we would train on the job.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
References: VA Handbook 5005, Part II Appendix G8. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements:Moderate lifting, 25 pounds and over; Moderate carrying, 25 pounds and over; Pushing (1 hours); Both hands required; Walking (4 hours); Standing (4 hours); Kneeling (1 hours); Repeated bending (2 hours); Both legs required; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Hearing (aid permitted); Mental and emotional stability.
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.vacareers.va.gov/why-choose-va/benefits/index.asp.**
Receiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave:** Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status.
Salary Range: $55,116.00 to $122,336.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: VN-0603-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 443034200
Job Announcement Number: JP-TLW-1738587-BU