Quest Diagnostics Group Lead, Med Technologist - Huntsville, AL in Huntsville, Alabama
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Group Lead, Med Technologist - Huntsville, AL.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm, Day Shift
Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3769024
- Must demonstrate proficiency in all principle duties of a Medical Technologist I and II.
- In the absence of the Supervisor, performs necessary supervisory functions.
- Assist in supervising assigned Medical Technologist, Technicians, and Laboratory Assistants by monitoring work flow to meet testing schedules; distributing and reviewing work assignments; training employees in laboratory techniques; resolving work related problems of staff; and providing input for performance appraisals and disciplinary actions.
- Train departmental employees on techniques, procedures, and company policy.
- Works with supervisor to head up the validation of new procedures.
- Reviews QA and QC records when applicable.
- Ability to have input into the hiring process.
- Serve as a technical resource for the unit by investigating and resolving analytical testing problems, recommending a course of action in instances identified as beyond acceptable limits, and responding to non-routine/complex inquiries and/or requests from clients and sales representatives.
- Expedites the flow of work to maximize productive capacity by evaluating production systems and recommending enhancements and coordinating the resolution of production problems/issues involving other laboratory departments.
- Review unit activities to ensure compliance with departmental policies and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Review requests for validity checks and recommend an appropriate course of action taking into account the limitations of specimen requirements and the effects of time and the quality of additional and/or repeat testing.
- Assist with the department's annual competency testing process and documentation.
- Interact in a professional manner with inter-departmental teams and groups.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisors.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, Biology or Chemistry or an Associates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Laboratory Technology or have previously qualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14,1990. If HEW certified, eight years or more in same department. Associates hired after the standardization date, must have a Bachelor of Science/Arts degree. Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation from IERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educated candidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
Work Experience: Minimum of five years clinical experience with two years in present department. Must have received a rating of 2 on last two annual performance appraisals.
Special Requirements: 1. Must have the ability to establish work priorities for self and others and handle several procedures simultaneously including troubleshooting instruments and other problems/issues. 2. Ability to schedule and manage resources to meet department goals. 3. Must interact with other departments. 4. Contact with clients will be required, good customer service skills are important. In addition, interaction with purchasing and manufacturing or technical representatives may be required. 4. Must protect patient confidentiality at all times.
Key Word Search: medical technology, clinical laboratory scientist, clinical test, reference laboratory, reporting, test calibration, quality control, reagent testing, instrument, CLIA, ASCP, leadership, problem-solve, trouble-shoot, validate, supervise.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Job Title: Group Lead, Med Technologist - Huntsville, AL
Job ID: 3769024
Location: 404 Governors Dr SW
Full/Part Time: Full-Time