HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiovascular Svcs Techn PRN in Independence, Missouri
_Centerpoint Medical Center__–__Independence, MO_ _Cardiovascular Tech PRN_ __ Centerpoint Medical Centerfeatures 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Centerfeatures the following: * Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services * An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services * Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine * An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator * Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries * Women’s Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit * Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.**
Centerpoint Medical Centeris currently looking for aCardiovascular Tech.
* Provides direct patient care to the adult patient population.
* The IR/CV Technologist assists the physician during invasive diagnostic and interventional procedures including IR, cardiac and peripheral vascular procedures.
* The IR/CV technologist assists in the preparation of the patient for the procedure and is responsible for assisting the physician (scrub) and performing procedural documentation for interventional radiology/cardiovascular procedures performed.
* The IR/CV technologist communicates with the physician and nurse continuously and as needed about patient condition.
* The IR/CV Technologist has primary responsibility for the maintenance of IR/cardiovascular equipment and inventory and continually assesses procedure room for equipment functioning and readiness.
* Obtains supplies for individual cases and ensures all appropriate needs of the Interventional Radiology/cardiovascular team are met.
* Participates in departmental performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
* Graduate from a Cardiovascular Technology or Radiographic Technology program or equivalent combination of education and/or experience in cardiovascular invasive laboratory (5 years)
* RT (R) or CVT credential preferred upon hire. New RT and CVT graduates are required to acquire credential Certifications: within 12 months of eligibility.
* BLS required and ACLS required within thirty days of hire. * 1-2 years experience in interventional radiology lab and/or cardiovascular interventional lab required. One year experience in an IR lab that performs neuro-radiology intervention preferred
Title: Cardiovascular Svcs Techn PRN
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-43530