Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Human Resources Assistant (Military) in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Inver Grove Heights, MN
Work Schedule is Full Time - Indefinite
Opened Friday 10/14/2016 (7 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (7 day(s) away)
Minnesota Army National Guard: This position is located in the personnel and administrative section of a Battalion (Bn) or Squadron (Sqdrn) size headquarters of the Army National Guard (ARNG). The purpose of the position is to provide clerical and administrative support in the areas of personnel and administration. This position works under the direction of the senior personnel and administrative NCO.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
Unit: HHC 34 ID, Inver Grove Heights, MN
Selecting Official: MAJ Christopher Kakos, (651) 268-8343
This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible MOS in the Minnesota Army National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Acceptance of an Excepted Service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently enlisted in the Minnesota Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate enlistment or appointment. For enlistment/appointment information, contact www.nationalguard.com.
Upon selection, individuals will undergo a background check to validate suitability for employment with the federal government as permitted by law, regulation, Presidential order or other authority. Suitability is dependent upon the particular requirements for security clearance, sensitivity level, and DOD IT network access. Items checked include, but are not limited to all criminal history record information, employment history, education and fiscal accountability/responsibility.
*Major Duties and Responsibilities: * Assists in administering the military personnel program for the organization and in command level inspections for personnel and administration. Inputs information regarding periodic vaccinations, physical examinations, profiles, and other medical data as required. Provides assistance in the preparation of formal and informal line of duty investigations. Assists in preparing packets required for submission to the medical review and profile boards. May assist in assembling documentation required at higher levels when processing actions such as involuntary order to active duty, courts martial, fraudulent enlistment, non-selection for retention, administrative discharges, etc. Performs various administrative duties involving the preparation and distribution of correspondence, publications, reports, orders, etc. Assists in the maintenance of the file system for the battalion/squadron personnel and administrative section. May prepare postage and duplication equipment usage reports. May be required to assist in the recruiting and retention activities of the organization. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Not Required
- Membership in the Minnesota Army National Guard is required
- Sensitivity Level 2
General Experience: Administrative or clerical experience, education, or training which demonstrates the candidate's ability to perform the duties of the position. Experience using computer and automation systems.
Specialized Experience: GS-05 requires 6 months experience, education or training that provided knowledge of general office work which may include but is not limited to: answering telephones, receiving and distributing mail and maintaining records. Experience following oral or written instructions to accomplish work. Experience establishing and retrieving files and information. Experience using common computer software designed for word processing.
Compatible Military Assignment: ENL: CMF 42, 92, Predominant MOS of the Unit or Organization
Military Compatibility: Upon selection, individual must be assigned to a compatible military position and must also maintain satisfactory membership in the Minnesota National Guard. Upon selection, individuals will undergo a background check to validate suitability for employment with the federal government as permitted by law, regulation, Presidential order or other authority. Suitability is dependent upon the particular requirements for security clearance, sensitivity level, and DOD IT network access. Items checked include, but are not limited to all criminal history record information, employment history, education and fiscal accountability/responsibility.
Evaluation Factors: Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of appropriate education, experience, training, self-development activities, and special awards. Candidates are considered on the basis of available information on their current application and supporting information that has been provided to this office. To ensure full consideration, applicants are urged to submit information about their training, self-development, outside experience, activities and awards. National Guard military (Part-time) service is considered as full-time experience when evaluated against the qualification requirements for a technician position. The applicant is credited with actual number of months the member has been in the National Guard if the experience is related.
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. After a review of your complete application is made you will be notified of your application status.
The following Web addresses are provided for your reference to explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees.
* Main site for new federal employees* - http://www.opm.gov/insure/newemploy/index.asp
* Flexible Spending Accounts* - This Program allows you to pay for certain health and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. For additional information visit: https://www.fsafeds.com/fsafeds/index.asp
* Health Insurance* - The FEHB Program offers over 100 optional plans. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/health/index.asp
* Leave* - Most Federal employees earn both annual and sick leave. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/oca/leave/index.asp
* Life Insurance* - The FEGLI Program offers Basic Life Insurance plus three types of optional insurance. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/insure/life/index.asp
* Long Term Care Insurance* - The FLTCIP provides long term care insurance for Federal employees and their parents, parents-in-law, step parents, spouses, and adult children. For additional information visit: http://www.ltcfeds.com/
* Retirement Program* - Almost all new employees are automatically covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tiered retirement plan. The three tiers are: Social Security Benefits, Basic Benefit Plan, Thrift Savings Plan. For additional information visit: http://www.opm.gov/retire/index.asp
* POSITION DESCRIPTION:* D1191000
* REMARKS:* No PCS available. Members with rank higher than identified in 'Key Requirements' are eligible to apply, but may be required to take a reduction should they be selected. The military grade of the supervisor must equal or exceed the grade of personnel supervised. Sensitivity Level 2.
* SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTOR:* Enlisted
Acceptance of a Technician position will result in the termination of your Selected Reserve bonus.
IAW NGR 600-25 AND AFI 36-101, grade inversion within the full-time workforce is not permitted.
* To view ALL MN National Guard Vacancies, go to: http://www.minnesotanationalguard.org/careers/minnesota.php*
- Should a position be announced at less than the authorized grade, the selected applicant may be non-competitively promoted when he/she meets all qualifications and is submitted for promotion by the supervisor.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of technician pre-employment physical for certain occupational series.
Males applicants born after 31 December 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System in compliance with the Defense Authorization Act of 1986, Section 1622.
The Minnesota Department of Military Affairs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for the position without discrimination for any non-merit reason(s) such as age, race, religion, gender, ethnic origin or non-disqualifying disability. Pre-selection is not only counter-productive to effective recruitment and placement, but also violates Minnesota National Guard Merit Placement principles and will not be tolerated. If you have information or questions regarding this issue, please contact the Equal Employment Manager at 651-282-4472 or 651-282-4066.
Salary Range: $34,282.00 to $44,566.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0203-05/05
Promotion Potential: 05
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 453406500
Job Announcement Number: MN-ARNG-17-025