PAE, Inc Power Generation Maintenance Supervisor in Iraq – Baghdad, United States
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Power Generation Maintenance Supervisor
This is a supervisory position based at one of four PAE locations in Iraq and associated with the Utilities Department. The Power Generation Operations/Maintenance Supervisor will take ownership of all generators, transformers, and substations. This position reports to the Chief Engineer or designee. The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
DUTIE S :
Responsible for maintaining a safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
Comply with all Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals. Provide information and materials to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate and legal documentation
· Maintain and repair Commercial Combustion Generators ranging from 5KW-1600KW to include military issued generators, Caterpillar, Cummings, and FG Wilson.
· Provide daily work assignments and supervise mechanics and other technicians.
· Manage and oversee the preventive maintenance, condition monitoring, repair, installation, and modernization of all stationary diesel engines for prime and emergency
·Monitor and inspect all work performed under his/her control.
· Correct all defects by adjusting, cleaning, repairing, and replacing defective items and components.
· Report any malfunctions or lack of compliance with Statement of Work (SOW) to the
Chief Engineer or designee.
·Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspections.
· Assist in developing SOPs and the Statement of Work (SOW) when requested.
· Maintain effective, timely and respectful communication and interaction with other employees, managers, and support other organizations.
· Perform other administrative tasks including ordering material, inventorying, and scheduling work.
· Collect, analyze, and summarizes data for report preparation and submits written reports.
· Maintain the appropriate technical library and record-keeping which documents all procedures necessary to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
· Be responsible for facility custodianship of work area and management of hand, power and shop tools, equipment, and spare parts.
· Take initiative to analyze a situation and to make frequent technical decisions based on specifications, safety, and electrical codes.
· Evaluate operational effectiveness and develop/maintain effective operational control mechanisms.
· Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
REQUIRE D :
· M i n imum Ac c epta b le E xp e r i en c e Level:
o Five (5) years’ experience in operations and maintenance of a large plant, facility, military base or municipality with specific experience in the maintenance and repair of diesel engines.
o Three (3) years’ management experience overseeing large facility power generation engines and supervising a workforce of five or more personnel in an overseas setting.
· Kno w led g e, Sk i lls, a nd Abi l it i e s:
o Hands-on knowledge regarding the maintenance and repair of stationary and small engines.
o Knowledge and experience with hand, power and shop tools of the trade.
o Knowledge of applicable U.S. Codes and accepted trade practices.
o Knowledge and experience regarding occupational hazards of the electrical
and mechanical trades, related safety precautions and considerable skill
required for the installation, maintenance and repair of power generation systems and equipment.
o Good organizational and communication skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
· Educatio n : A high school diploma or GED.
· Licenses and C e rtifi c ation s :
o Diesel Powered Electrical Power Generator Technician with a rating up to
o Technical school or acceptable prime power certified generator school.
· Se c ur i t y V e tti n g : Already possess a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) or be able to
obtain a favorable MRPT certification prior to being hired is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification level for the duration of the contract.
· L a nguage Skills: Strong, professional, oral and written English communication skills.
· Citizens h ip: US Citizenship is not required.
· Medica l : Favorable passage of a drug screen and physical examination.
D E SIRE D :
· Previous out of home country experience is highly desirable and previous work experience in harsh environmental conditions is a plus.
· Experience working with PAE.
· Experience working with SOW, sub-contractors, budgets, estimating, working drawings and as-builts.
OTH E R K N OWL E DGE, SKILLS A ND ABILI T IES:
· Knowledge of principles and processes involved in operating and maintaining diesel engines at an overseas facility.
· Experience providing excellent customer services.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules.
· Cross-cultural sensitivity with an international perspective.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Ability to become an active and functioning member of a team.
· Must have the ability to be innovative and be an agent for change.
· Expert communication skills to facilitate and disseminate information.
Willingness and ability to deploy to Iraq for extended periods is required. Position may be located in a war zone in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment - temperatures can reach 120- 130 degrees Fahrenheit/50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere and extreme environment.
Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including but not limited to heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time; and being capable of running and ‘duck & cover’ during emergencies without putting oneself or others at risk.
Must successfully complete and pass the medical and dental examinations as required by PAE and our customer for deployment to Iraq. Must maintain physical and dental requirements for duration of deployment.
Must be able to work a minimum of 6 days per week and 10 hours per day, some jobs have higher daily and weekly minimums.
Must possess satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health and security measures.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug free workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.
Complete our survey to help us find more candidates like you! Click HERE at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2XWFFF