G6 Hospitality Guest Services Representative - Front Desk in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Guest Services Representative - Front Desk
FL - JACKSONVILLE - 6008
The Guest Services Representative is responsible for creating a hospitable guest experience and for performing tasks associated with the front desk. The Guest Services Representative position is a member of the Welcome Team.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and is not intended to be all-inclusive. The following requirements may change depending on the individual property and may change over time.
• People Excellence: Exhibit a Heart for Service for Guests and Team Members with a dedication to great customer service and teamwork.
• Product Excellence: Deliver a great guest experience by connecting with friendly and smiling service and a fast and accurate check in as outlined in the Customer Service Manual including:
• Guest registration, computing and collecting payment, and verification of credit card transactions
• Transmit and receive messages via telephone and fax machine
• Read and run various reports
• Make and confirm guest reservations
• Maintain records of assigned and available rooms
• Sort and rack incoming messages and mail
• Maintain cleanliness and appearance of front lobby
• Proactively recognize and address guest concerns
• Identify sales opportunities to increase revenue
• Report any safety and security issues that require attention
• Complete the Shift Checklist
• Guest Excellence: Cheerfully interact and assist guests with information regarding property and local amenities
• Partner Excellence: May perform duties from other property positions as needed or assigned in order to maintain proper operations of the property
• Other duties: Miscellaneous other tasks as required and assigned by Supervisor or any other member of Management which may include cross functional job duties
• Participate in all training and safety meetings.
• All Team Members are expected to act in a safe manner at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Computer proficiency, including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and follow written and verbal work instructions
• Working safely is a condition of employment. Safety is everyone’s responsibility.
• New hires must meet all Motel 6 / Studio 6’s employment qualifications in place at the time of hiring
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions and the general duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The physical demand level for this position is Light.
The typical work area for the GSR is relatively small, with temperature and humidity controlled and moderate. The following requirements may change depending on the individual property and according to the confines of the workspace available for any required task:
Constant Activity (2 / 3rds or more of work time)
• Stand to assist and communicate with guests
• Walk to assist and communicate with guests
Frequent Activity (1 / 3rd to 2 / 3rd of work time)
• Sit to complete reports, reconcile cash drawer, answer and return phone calls
• Reach below shoulder
• Twist at the waist/torso
• Bend and stoop
• Lift pens, paper, trash cans, and office supplies up to 10 pounds
Occasional Activity (Up to 1 / 3rd of work time)
• Reach overhead
• Lift reams of paper, coffee canisters, supplies and other items between 11 and 20 pounds
• Kneel or Crouch
Additional Critical Functions
• Use of Senses: Ability to communicate , smell, near and far acuity, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision
• Cognitive Factors: Reading and writing comprehension, basic math / calculations, complex problem solving, computer work, (i.e., electronic email, typing notes, data entry, accessing company systems)
• Environmental Factors: Exposure to cleaning products and chemicals