Wolf Creek Federal Services Residential Advisor in JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/ General Description of Job:
Responsible for providing a safe and positive living environment that delivers guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievement in the program in compliance with government, corporate and management directives.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Maintain positive and effective relations with students. Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper behavior in the dormitory and to accomplish their goals and objectives.
- Determine and recommend student visits to the student counselors and health staff as appropriate.
- Supervise, direct and monitor dorm and student activities as designated, including dorm government and peer court.
- Assist with dorm recreational activities and dorm competitions.
- Prepare the accountability reports; pass list, and other administrative correspondence relating to students in compliance with data integrity guidelines.
- Direct students and assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
- Complete dorm and room inspections as assigned. Identify and communicate dorm maintenance needs to dorm supervisor or designee. Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
- Conduct group sessions and dorm meetings in accordance with the schedule. As assigned, participate in and conduct orientation activities or other center committees/activities.
- Maintain dormitory and individual student files; ensure files are complete, updated, and contain all required documentation.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Maintain positive and effective relations with students.
- Promote the development of career success standards through modeling appropriate behaviors, mentoring students, monitoring student skill acquisition and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to supervise and manage students.
- Ability to develop rapport and positive working relationships with all departments.
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and work presentation.
- Ability to work as a member of a team of individuals working toward a common goal
- Ability to successfully complete all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years related experience and/or training working with youth.
- Ability to pass a pre-hire background check and post offer drug screen.
- Associate Degree.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of employment.
- Previous experience within a residential youth program.
Primary Location: US-Florida-JACKSONVILLE
Number of Openings: 2
Job Number: FL010116
Req ID: FL010116