Catalent Pharma Solutions Materials Management, Team Lead in Kansas City, Missouri
The main activities will be to provide and report materials management data, as required by project contracts within the Quality Department. The data may be used for submission in Regulatory packages, release and stability testing of clinical and animal trial dose forms and in support of development projects. For those scientists with supervisory responsibilities, to supervise and coordinate activities of a team of Scientists, and/or Associates within the Quality Department.
Ensure raw material, packaging component and consumable sampling procedures are in place to meet regulatory requirements and all sampling associates are adequately trained before performing sampling work.
Ensure sampling work is performed in accordance with client agreements, internal procedures and GMP requirements.
Oversee the daily workflow of sampling activities.
Support OTD of projects by ensuring that sampling timelines are met.
Inspect consumables for conformance to specifications.
Perform testing of materials and finished products.
Perform inventory verification as required.
Perform review & verification of analytical data in accordance with in-house SOPs.
Establish and maintain technical communication with other Catalent groups.
Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, peers and management to facilitate the smooth and timely completion of projects.
Identify and participate in materials management continuous improvement opportunities.
Identify and report cGMP or SOP compliance issues as necessary.
Ensure compliance with in-house safety SOPs and work practices.
Other tasks as assigned.
Education or Equivalent: Bachelor’s degree is required.
Experience:Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required.
• Advanced project management skills are routinely practiced for multiple concurrent projects of moderate to high complexity
• Has substantial breadth/depth of technical acumen in multiple techniques with significant expertise in one or more techniques and can understand their application in context of pharmaceutical services offerings
• Mathematical and scientific reasoning ability
• Capable of rapidly learning multiple unfamiliar principles or techniques with minimum training
• Well organized with ability to handle and direct multiple activities simultaneously
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills with internal and external customers
• Able to lead difficult discussions with customers and drive the to an acceptable resolution
• May be accountable to meet business unit targets
• Proactively identifies and implements new technologies and understands their impact on Catalent offerings
• Recognized by internal/external customers as subject matter expert with high credibility
• Excellent motivator, well-versed in team development
• Lead by example according to Catalent's values and culture
• Ability to interpret, provide and manage a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form across multiple work groups
• Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
• On an average 8 hour day this position requires the ability to walk, sit and stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms at or above shoulder height and below waist height, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear, smell and lift up to 40 pounds
• Specific vision requirements including reading of written documents, visual inspection of materials and use of computer monitor screen frequently
• May require the use of a respirator
Collaborative and inclusive
Professional Office Setting
Catalent Pharma Solutions is the leading global provider of advanced delivery technologies and development solutions for drugs, biologics and consumer health products. With over 80 years serving the industry, Catalent has proven expertise in bringing more customer products to market faster, enhancing product performance and ensuring reliable clinical and commercial product supply. Catalent is headquartered in Somerset, N.J. For more information, visit www.catalent.com
More products. Better treatments. Reliably supplied.™
Catalent is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, you may submit your request by sending an email along with the job number and title to Jobs@catalent.com. This option is reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability. Information received will be routed to a recruiter who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the application or hiring process.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:
Catalent Pharma Solutions (Catalent) is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Catalent employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written & signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Catalent. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Organization: Development & Clinical Services
Title: Materials Management, Team Lead
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 0020087