First National Bank Financial Advisor, Private Client Services in Kearney, Nebraska
JobTitle: Financial Advisor, Private Client Services
Date Posted: 08/12/2016
Location: Kearney- Main Branch
Schedule: m-f, 8-5
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Posting Category: Professional
External Posting Code: CL
Role Description: The Financial Advisor (FA) is a trusted financial advisor to, and advocate for, mass affluent and emerging-affluent clients and prospects with moderate to complex financial planning and investment needs. The FA advises through the integrated delivery of financial planning, investment management & insurance services. The FA will broaden the scope of client relationships through a focused and deep understanding of each individual client's needs utilizing an open platform, product-agnostic strategies and commitment to a fiduciary standard.
- Advisory Service: The FA serves as advisor to clients with more traditional financial needs, which may include investment management, trust, estate planning or business succession planning. Given the complexity of the needs of the client segment, the FA will provide advisory services to their current client base and prospective clients.
Meets regularly with each client to deliver performance reviews, assess their financial situation and needs, objectives and risk tolerance.
Uses an individualized advisory approach tailored to the needs of the client and, as appropriate, expands each client relationship.
Assesses the needs of each client relationship to ensure they are working with the appropriate business unit.
- Business Development: Meet or exceed defined asset based growth and retention, individual and unit goals and profitability objectives.
Generates revenue from planning fees, investment advisory fees, and through the utilization of other appropriate products and services.
Provides input to and implements business development action plan to pursue target market / clientele.
Develops networks with third party referral sources that enable exposure and opportunities to develop new business with target market and deepen relationships with existing clients.
Leverages current internal and external sales, marketing and communication activities to promote the sourcing of new and growth of clients.
Continuously identifies, analyzes and capitalizes on our competitive advantages.
Supports the strategy of capturing RPS participant assets through an advisory relationship with plan participants.
- Retail Branch Integration:
Identifies and matches client needs with subject matter experts and existing business unit products and services.
Acts as both referral receiver and originator depending on client need.
Partners with teammates and other internal bank specialists/resources for additional investment, fiduciary, credit and financial planning expertise to provide a full array of products and services to the client.
Handles all internal leads expeditiously and effectively.
High participation rate in retail branch meetings and events.
Host educational meetings for branch personnel, ensuring understanding of the Investments & Planning program in each location serviced.
- Compliance: Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
· Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
· Report any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
· Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity.
· If applicable, ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and take action to address employee performance issues.
- Professionalism/Attendance: Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships. Maintain regular and predictable attendance in alignment with departmental/divisional policy.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, Experience and Physical Qualifications:
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent experience
Maintain and ongoing knowledge of the industry and the economy
2 years experience in investment and financial services
FINRA Series 7 & 66 (or Series 63 & 65) registrations
State Life, Accident & Health and Variable Contract insurance licenses
Certifications or degrees such as AWMA, CWM, CWS, CRPC, CFP, CLU, or MBA, or ability to earn accreditation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO Is The Law' Self-Print Poster: https://firstnational.igreentree.com/CSSInternal/EEOCDocs/eeocposter.pdf
Click here to download 'EEO Is The Law' Supplemental: https://firstnational.igreentree.com/CSSInternal/EEOCDocs/eeocsupplement.pdf