Washington State Building Manager in Kelso, Washington
**Building Manager (Construction and Maintenance Superintendent 3) Kelso, WA
- This position is Open Until Filled. The Hiring Manager may make a hiring decision at any time, so it's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. First screening will begin the week of October 17, 2016--**
The mission of the Department of Enterprise Services (DES) is to implement a world-class, customer-focused organization that provides valued products and services to government and state residents. Our goal in every transaction is to deliver smart business solutions and services that meet the needs of those we serve.
LEAN CULTURE: DES is on the leading edge in adapting Lean principles and methods to state government. We are fully committed to continuous process improvement and invite you to join our team. Once on board, you will become an integral part of our journey to transform DES into a world class, customer focused organization. To learn more about DES Lean culture, visit Lean Culture at DES.
Within DES, the Facility Professional Services division offers expertise on a wide range of facility issues and public works project management. By joining our team as the Building Manager (Construction Maintenance Superintendent 3), you will have the opportunity to interact with stakeholders, tenants, planners and management on a routine basis to understand and meet their facility needs. As the liaison between agency management and tenants, you will also inspect the facilities and grounds daily for preventative and corrective maintenance needs.
We are looking for someone that can coordinate projects while also establishing and maintaining strong working relationships. If this sounds like you and you're ready for an opportunity to be a part of a team that values your innovative and creative thinking skills, then we encourage you to apply!
In this position, you will be responsible for the daily management and operations of each property assigned.
Some of what you'll enjoy doing:
- Generating maintenance work orders for preventative maintenance, necessary corrections and code requirements.
- Evaluating and processing requests from facility tenants to coordinate and schedule construction projects.
- Coordinating construction activities with outside entities such as phone, water, power and sewer companies.
- Ensuring compliance with uniform building and fire codes, as well as addressing any accessibility issues.
- Supervising and evaluating a team of contract providers.
- Managing building and operations related to HVAC, fire, sprinkler and key card security systems, etc.
- Writing policies and procedures related to contracts, building operations, systems operations, etc.
- Providing scope of work, cost estimates and basic design for in-house and contract maintenance/projects.
- Managing and monitoring long-term contracts.
- Advising and clarifying on facility needs to identify code issues and recommending suitable construction/maintenance materials.
- Enforcing service standards and implementing quality management initiatives.
- Developing and requesting operating budget to meet the needs of the facility/property. Qualifications
- As a condition of employment, the candidate accepting this position must either join the Washington Federation of State Employees union and pay union dues, or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status.
- This position is on-call with a typical working shift of 6:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. REQUIRED:
Seven (7) years of construction experience, including three (3) years at a level equivalent to construction superintendent.
*College training involving major study in engineering or architecture may be substituted, year-for-year, for non-supervisory experience.
The ability and/or knowledge to do the following:
- Construction trades.
- Facilitation skills and knowledge of trades integration including HVAC, carpentry and electrical.
- Building system maintenance requirements, regulations, laws, ordinances, codes and standards.
- Public procurement and bid processes.
- Reading architectural and engineering designs.
- Planning and organizing projects with respect to changing priorities.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships in an ethnically diverse workforce.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating complicated operational and strategic PM programs.
- Cooperating with other building managers on a variety of projects.
- Making difficult decisions under the pressures of deadlines and budget restraints.
- Leading a team under stress and deadlines.
- Obtaining, clarifying and exchanging information with a wide variety of people.
** This position has been designated as "essential" for disaster or emergency recovery. The incumbent of this position is directly responsible for delivery of DES' Essential Functions and for understanding the written local emergency management plan, which describes how Essential Functions will be delivered during an emergency or disaster. During a recognized emergency, the duties may be different from normal duties, and will be temporary in nature, lasting only as long as necessary to resume normal operations. The incumbent may be required to perform the following during a recognized emergency/disaster:
- Report for duty on short notice for a specified timeframe.
- Report for duty outside of normally scheduled work hours and work days.
Report to a duty station that is different from the official duty station.
Perform work tasks outside the normal scope of duties reflected in this position description.
How to Apply: In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position.
- A current resume, detailing experience, and education.
A list of three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY:
By submitting materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
- Prior to any new appointment into the Department of Enterprise Services, a background check will be conducted.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service such as separation orders. Please black out any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible,click here.
We thank you and are grateful for your service
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or email@example.com.
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or that need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access theWashington Relay Service.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-FAC-012
Department: Dept. of Enterprise Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,313.00 - $5,657.00 Monthly
Location: Cowlitz County – Kelso, WA