HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse RN Float Pool in Kingwood, Texas
_Kingwood Medical Center____Kingwood, Texas_
_Registered Nurse (RN) Float Pool: L&D/Postpartum_ __ PRN: 7a-7p The Women’s Center offers comprehensive services centered around our patient’s needs. AtKingwood Medical Center, we provide a full range of expertise from prenatal care through labor and delivery to postpartum care.
TheLabor and Delivery Unitis dedicated to ensuring the comfort and well being of expectant mothers and their babies with: * 4-bed assessment center for non-stress tests and other special procedures * 12-bed Labor and Delivery Unit * 2 C-Section Operating Rooms on standby 24 hours a day with a specially trained staff
Significant activities, processes performed and patient types seen in theLabor and Delivery Unitinclude, but are not limited to: * Antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum care of the women in a family centered environment with emphasis on patient education and discharge teaching. * Maternal and fetal testing, ultrasound, amniocentesis, OCT, NST as methods used for diagnostic service. * Intensive care of the maternal patient including PIH, preterm labor and complications related to pregnancy. * Emergency care-trauma, maternal or fetal; prolapsed cord, placenta abruption, uterine rupture, placenta previa, placenta accreta.
ThePostpartum Unitis a 36-bed unit dedicated to ensuring the comfort and well being of mothers and their babies. Significant activities, processes performed and patient types seen in thePostpartum Unitinclude, but are not limited to: * Postpartum care of the women in a family centered environment with emphasis on patient education and discharge teaching. * Surgical and medical care for the gynecological patient. * Postpartum care for the mother with the uncomplicated as well as complicated vaginal birth. * Surgical post-operative care for the women following cesarean birth and other operative or gynecologic related procedures requiring extended care.
Our services provide care to patients ranging from neonates to geriatrics. Care is based on a family-centered environment and on the developmental age/level of understanding for each individual patient. Education and teaching are provided accordingly. Patients are admitted either as inpatients or as observation patients, with a staffing ratio established according to ACOG, AWHONN Standards. Members of the family are incorporated into the care and recovery of the patients in these areas whenever possible.
Kingwood Medical Centeris currently looking for aRegistered Nurse(RN) – Float Pool: L&D/Postpartum.
- The registered nurse is responsible for coordinating the nursing care of assigned patients in the unit in order to provide quality patient care to patients in applicable age specific populations.
- Theregistered nurseapplies knowledge of the principles of growth and development.
- Employee is responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the appropriate age populations.
- According to established facility policies and procedures, the registered nurse provides and supplies professional nursing care exercising independent judgment in utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan,implement, and evaluate.
- The registered nurseprovides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and other patient care team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area.
_Qualifications:_ * Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing, BSN preferred * 1 or more years recent clinical experience as an RN in Labor and Delivery preferred * Current RN licensure by Texas Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state. * Current BLS from the American Heart Association * Current NRP from the American Heart Association within 90 days of hire * RNC preferred
Title: Registered Nurse RN Float Pool
Location: Texas-Kingwood-Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-53149