HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Vice President - Neuroscience in Kissimmee, Florida
/Osceola Regional Medical Center is a Joint Commission accredited 318-bed hospital that builds on a proud tradition of healthcare excellence in Osceola County, Florida. Osceola Regional is conveniently and centrally located in Heart of Kissimmee only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. Completed in April 1997 with over $125 million in expansions, Osceola Regional Medical Center is designed to be patient friendly that blends comprehensive state-of-the-art medical technology with the highest level of comfort and convenience possible for patients and visitors. We are committed to continually enhancing the standard of healthcare by providing services to include://Emergency Care//, //Trauma Care//, //Pediatric ER//, //Heart & Vascular Institute//, //Advanced Primary Stroke Center//, //The Baby Suites maternity care//, //Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Level II//, //Women’s Services//, //Behavioral Health//,//Orthopedics & Spine// and a //Graduate Medical Education Program//. We also expand our care to the community with our freestanding Emergency Department at //Hunter’s Creek ER//./
_Vice President – Neuroscience_
*POSITION SUMMARY: *Facilitates the integration and teamwork of critical care services to ensure optimal care of patients. Ensures the development and implementation of the service line business plan, driving profitable service line growth, and improving operations in terms of quality and processes. Collaboratively works with physicians to adopt and incorporate quality initiatives and increase physician/hospital alignment.
· Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for service line development to include business plan development, feasibility studies, market analysis/research, service-line performance evaluation.
· In conjunction with facility leadership, evaluates services for scope, depth of service, physician manpower, financial feasibility, potential expansion and opportunities to create synergies in service.
· Ensures a system-oriented service-line approach through the effective coordination of resources, standards of care, operating procedures, physician practice and coverage.
· Ensures program integrity through regularly scheduled quality assurance/customer service audits.
· Ensures development and implementation of effective, ongoing programs to measure, assess, and improve quality of care. Ensures program meets organizational CMS and risk management standards and accrediting and regulatory requirements.
· Supports hospital initiates in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
· Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stake holder needs.
· Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, environmental and infection control standards.
· Develops and fosters effective collaboration between clinical departments, medical staff leadership, and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing care and services.
· Actively supports facility community efforts, and represents the hospital in the community through participation in community organizations, agencies, speaker bureaus etc.
· Models, fosters, and encourages a Service Excellence culture. Assumes responsibility and accountability for departmental implementation, execution, and practice of service excellence. Monitors patient and physician satisfaction, identifies opportunities, and implements performance improvement initiatives.
· Foster positive first impression by ensuring all work areas are organized, clean and project a professional appearance.
· Promotes a professional image and acts as an ambassador inside and outside the organization. Takes ownership and demonstrates service excellence principles in all interactions with the patient, physician and others. Ensures patient's safety, dignity and privacy at all times.
· Demonstrates responsibility and accountability in managing productivity standards. Continuously evaluates and assesses work process/design to enhance productivity and service delivery to meet stakeholder expectations and business goals.
· Optimizes use of supplies, equipment and services, ensuring a high level of clinical care at the lowest cost. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising quality or the services delivered.
· Ensures competency and development of staff through education and training.
· Ensures new staff is oriented to specific job duties with particular focus on safety and infection control.
· Schedules and assigns staff effectively; continuously evaluates staff assignments to ensure quality care and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
· Ensures the selection, retention and assignment of qualified competent staff to meet organizational needs. Ensures management of department productivity and work prioritization on unit.
· Manages staff performance through regular review, real time feedback, and performance planning. Ensures performance reviews are conducted on time. Actively coaches and mentors staff.
· Provides leadership in managing, facilitating and communicating organizational change. Encourages risk taking; fosters a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
· Ensures personal/professional conduct reinforces Company's values and promotes Code of Conduct. Meets leadership obligations under the Ethics and Compliance Program.
· Assesses effectiveness of current services, and supports the expansion or development of new product lines, services, or innovations that are consistent with hospital vision, mission and values to promote growth in overall volume.
· Demonstrates personal responsibility for professional development. Actively promotes development of self and others through participation in professional organizations, educational opportunities, etc.
· Attends and participates in staff meetings, patient conferences and in-service presentations as appropriate. Completes annual competency training, including but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvement, MSDS, and OSHA standards (PPE, First Aid and Blood-borne Pathogens, Hazard Communications, Emergency Procedures and Job Safety).
· Bachelor's Degree in health related field. Master's Degree preferred.
· Minimum of five years progressive management experience. Three-Five years previous experience in an acute care setting strongly required.
· Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and data base management skills
· Current Florida State Registered Nurse license preferred but not required.
· Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Title: Vice President - Neuroscience
Location: Florida-Kissimmee-Osceola Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01323-9811