Washington State DSHS Application Developer (IT Specialist 5) in Lacey, Washington
We are looking for an expert application developer to provide consultation, design, development, and deployment of large applications to meet our critical business needs and to maintain our administration's applications. Applications include client assessments, case management, billing, security administration, and interfaces with payment systems. You'll be located within the Department of Social and Health Services, Aging and Long-Term Support Administration's System and Programming Unit.
As an expert Application Developer you will:
- Work within our technical development team as a senior developer to lead, collaborate, and consult with other members and technical staff to design/develop applications
- Evaluate new development tools, products, and technology in order to provide recommendations on designing/programming systems solutions to management
- Analyze, design, develop, and enhance web and installed client applications and interfaces, determine how proposed changes will effect supported systems
- Manage, develop, code, and test fixes/upgrades to the administration's existing and new applications/interfaces in Java
- Document programming/design work done in documents like program specifications, database dictionaries, code comments, Java Doc, and Wiki
- Document problems and possible solutions in issue tracking software
- Provide feasibility and level of effort estimates on requested work using tools like Wideband Delphi estimation
- Peer review documentation and programming code
- Mentor junior and new team members on tools, technology, process, and standards used for application development
- Develop SQL Programming and Reporting: develop application reports, code and test SQL, document programming/design Qualifications
We are looking for someone who has:
Five or more years of information technology experience such as consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, and/or maintaining computer software applications or directing projects, to include:
- Three or more years of SQL programming including SQL objects (stored procedures and functions)
- One or more years of experience in requirements elicitation, documentation, and system design
- One or more years of experience in leading or mentoring other software developers
Desirable Experience and Competencies:
- Experience designing/implementing web interfaces using SOAP or RESTful
- Ability to communicate technical issues to a general level of understanding to a nontechnical audience
- Advanced knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle, with knowledge in the following areas: software architecture, database architecture, software development, requirements gathering, and analysis
- Expert technical skill in Java programming (Swing, Reflection, JDBC)
- Knowledge in Web application development using Java technology (JSP, Servlets, JSF, Struts, Spring MVC)
- One or more years of experience developing and supporting case management systems like CARE Supplemental Information
Please include the following attachments with your online application:
- A Letter of Interest describing how you meet the required and desired qualifications for this position
- A detailed, current, & chronological resume
- Three (3) professional references with current contact information
It is to your advantage to apply early, the hiring process will begin after one week and may conclude anytime afterwards.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have questions on how to apply or are experiencing application issues, please contact, Anthony Distefano
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10318 RW04
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/9/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $5,253.00 - $6,894.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA