Washington State DSHS Application Development Supervisor in Lacey, Washington
As an Application Developer with Children's Administration you'll drive new innovations and build user experience on one of the largest platforms in WA State government. You will act as technical expert and lead a team of eight software engineers. This team has the important task of helping modernize and add mobile solutions to IT systems that provide services to our clients.
Working in an Agile environment in the lead role, you will oversee the design, development, and implementation of enterprise Web-based applications. These integrated applications are legacy custom-built solutions enhanced with new technologies.
At this level, you will support the System Release Manager in driving best practice standards throughout CA Technical Services by keeping management informed and escalating decisions that have a high impact for our clients. Your team's environment is fast-paced, with pressure coming from changing business needs. In this role, you will be measured on your ability to delegate tasks to team members, resolving application performance issues, and necessary communication to supervisors on development issues and timelines.
Key focus areas of the job include:
- Lead all efforts surrounding FamLink development planning, code review, and configuration management
- Facilitate Agile development processes by managing resources and providing leadership in scrums
- Mentor and monitor the work of others to ensure development standards in design and technique is followed and technical documentation is prepared
- Act as lead decision maker on final incident resolution of application issues
- Develop prototypes and set development standards related to technical design, implementation, and maintenance of systems, within regulated compliance
Coordinate acceptance testing with partners of modified programs, analyzing test results to ensure accuracy and completeness What we are looking for: Required Education and Experience
*A Bachelor's degree including nine semester or 15 quarter hours of computer science courses
- Including five years' experience with hands-on programming in Java/J2EE technologies and C#.NET MVC, Jakarta Struts, Web Services (SOAP/RESTful), and JQuery
- Experience in systems analysis and distributed systems design
- Experience working with relational databases (JDBC, SQL)
- Use of leadership skills in group situations, including the ability to delegate tasks and providing constructive feedback Desired Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Programming work experience with Eclipse and MS Visual Studio IDEs within the last five years
- Knowledge of flowcharting using an automated tool such as MS Visio and/or UML modeling language
- Skilled in Subversion or equivalent revision control system, JBoss, and/or MS IIS within the past five years
- Knowledgeable and capable in Agile software development methodology
- Work experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) in deploying source code
- Strong knowledge of full life cycle of software development processes
- Experience developing with frameworks, Struts, Spring, iBATIS, Scarab, Cruise Control, ASP.NET, WebAPI, WCF, JSON, AJAX, CSS, TSQL
- Ability to create technical documents *Specific alternatives to the above BA/BS degree: An Associate's degree (AA) or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an IT or related program and one year of consultative, administrative, or supervisory work experience in IT analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases, may substitute for the BA. Or, consultative, administrative, or supervisory experience in information technology analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases will substitute for education on the basis of one year of experience for two years of education (i.e. minimum seven years described IT experience). Or, one year as a WA State Information Technology Systems Specialist 4 or equivalent or higher.
If you have questions regarding this career announcement (10196), please email Recruiter firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10196 ITS6RQ91
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/2/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $69,648.00 - $91,332.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA