Washington State DSHS IT System Program Manager in Lacey, Washington
This Expert level Application Manager will be responsible for independently managing the change-control process for several high profile applications, operational reports, and internal process improvements for division-systems within DSHS's Aging and Long-Term Support Administration.
As Program Manager, you will direct and assign operation and IT maintenance work to division technicians, supervisors, and staff in a "matrix managed environment" (individuals with more than one reporting line). Responsibilities include preparation and management of schedule to ensure that requirements and objectives are met within schedule, scope and budget; as well as the management of product backlogs and coordination of prioritization. You will be responsible for statewide application communications. You will also coordinate changes to the applications with staff that facilitate governmental rule changes and formulate statewide administration and division policy. Within an Agile environment, we will look to you to perform as a mentor and expert to agency staff regarding PM methodologies, development methodologies, standards, policies, and best practices.
As Application Program Manager, your main responsibility will be to build, monitor and control schedules and scope in directing/assigning project work to all ALTSA and DDA staff. This will involve understanding interfaces and other interdependencies between enterprise applications and coordinating release schedules between those systems. Enterprise applications under your oversight include CARE, TCARE, AWA, ASAP, and RRDD. Applications with which you will interface include PRISM, ProviderOne, SSPA, TIVA, and ACES.
Key focus areas of the job include:
- Act as Point of Contact for change requests, status updates, determine priorities and estimates with regard to applications.
- Significantly influences the recommendations made by statewide IT deployment workgroups, including operating budget.
- Document and monitor issues, risks, action items, change requests and decisions. This may require researching changes to external systems.
- Facilitate QWAC rule changes and statewide policies in coordination with corresponding applications.
- Facilitate and participate in key project team meetings.
- Produce requested documents to include Risk Assessments, Levels of Effort, and Cost Estimations.
Lead process improvement activities of technical teams and sponsors. What we are looking for: Required Education and Experience
*A Bachelor's degree including nine semester or 15 quarter hours of computer science courses
- Including five years' experience managing, designing, or directing multiple large scale enterprise IT architecture designs in the IT area; or consultative, administrative, or supervisory experience in IT analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer system's application or databases
- Successful track record of creating, maintaining, and ensuring compliance using IT Project Management Methodologies, and advanced management and planning principles in the field of Technology
- Capable of establishing good working relationships between staff, management, and external partners/clients, preferably in a governmental environment Desired Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience managing large budget projects and operations
- Demonstrated ability to plan, direct, control and implement successful IT projects on schedule and within budget:
- Defining breakdown structures
- Estimating resources
- Task scheduling, communication of, and maintaining schedules through project lifecycle
- Coordinate, schedule, negotiate for & prioritize the use of shared project resources within multiple IT projects executing concurrently
- Monitoring critical project processes
- Knowledge of system analysis and system application development principles & practices, which includes planning, analysis, design, development, testing, training, and implementation within an Agile or similar methodological framework
- Knowledge of IT contract management & procurement procedures
- Skills to analyze data & situations, consult & make decisions, and proactively solve problems
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite, including Project and Visio
- Familiarity with ITIL Model *Specific alternatives to the above BA/BS degree: An Associate's degree (AA) or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an IT or related program and one additional year of consultative, administrative, or supervisory work experience in IT analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases, may substitute for the BA (i.e. six years total described IT experience). Or, consultative, administrative, or supervisory experience in information technology analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases will substitute for education on the basis of one year of experience for two years of education (i.e. minimum seven years described IT experience). Or, one year as a WA State Information Technology Systems Specialist 4 or equivalent or higher.
If you have questions regarding this career announcement (10439), please email Recruiter email@example.com.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10439 ITS6WV07
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/1/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $69,648.00 - $91,332.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA