Washington State Project Manager (ITS5 1720) Lacey in Lacey, Washington
This recruitment is open until filled. Applicant review begins on September 26, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Information Technology and Business Integration (ITBI) division is recruiting for a Project Manager - Information Technology Specialist 5 (ITS5) located in the Project Management Office. The Project Management Office is responsible for planning, management and completion of IT projects impacting a variety of mission-critical applications leveraged by internal and external customers of the division. The Project Manager is a technical authority on project management methodologies, leveraging these skills to guide project teams, vendors, stakeholders, sponsors and steering committees.
- Establish project governance to assure any changes to scope, schedule, quality or cost are approved, resources are secured, and escalated issues are resolved.
- Implement change management to assure any changes to scope, schedule, quality or cost are properly analyzed and approved by the project governance.
- Implement issue management to document issues and get them resolved.
- Implement the risk management process to assure project risks are anticipated and mitigated before they become realized.
- Execute a stakeholder management process to understand stakeholder interests and appropriately include them in decision making and communication.
- Deliver presentations to governance, customers, stakeholders, and leadership as required.
- Implement decision management controls so the project has a clear escalation process, roles and responsibilities for getting decisions made efficiently.
- Coordinate with governing bodies (Office of the Chief Information Officer) to meet state requirements for project oversight.
- Lead team projects to design, develop and implement new applications, systems or processes.
- Define the scope, schedule, budget, estimation of project.
- Develop the work breakdown structure that details tasks, resources and timelines.
- Develop and assist in the development of project management standard work and templates.
- Document lessons learned.
- Archive project documentation.
- Transfer knowledge to other teams and transition plan to operations. Qualifications
- Working-level knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Working-level writing skills - convey information in writing according to the needs of the audience.
- Working-level customer service skills - build and maintain customer relations and satisfaction.
Working-level computer skills - use computer hardware and software to complete assignments. Additional requirement:
Working-level IT project management skill. Desirable qualification:
Understanding of Lean concepts, tools and techniques. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09411
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $63,036.00 - $82,728.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA