Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Production Manager in LaGrange, Georgia
Production Manager at ITW
TheProduction Manager ensures that molding machines run efficiently, proceduresinitiated, implemented and are followed that increase efficiency and reducecosts, minimizes the personnel requirements and ensures the training ofmolding personnel. Follows allbusiness and safety guidelines. Assists as needed in other areas of business/manufacturing.
• Responsible for producing quality parts.
• Responsible for the training/supervising of theSupervisors, Manufacturing Leaders, Setup Tech’s, Manufacturing Tech’s andOperators
• Implement Lean Solutions and waste reduction initiatives inproduct, material, machine, personnel and efficiency.
• Develop a system to effectively schedule production tomake the most efficient use of personnel and equipment according to thecustomers’ requirements.
• Lead and be the champion of 6S activities, includingbuilding and maintaining the system and ensuring processes are beingfollowed.
• Track productivity and make necessary adjustments toachieve targeted OEE goals.
• Develop a system to track and analyze labor costs to meetestablished monthly targets.
• Implements, enforces and assures process control of allmolding operations and at-press assemblies.
• Inventory control of packaging, raw material, componentsand molded product. Establishes and enforces proper inventory storage tomaintain the proper inventory levels of finished goods, WIP and components.
• Maintains inventory mainframe accuracy for materials usedand manufactured in the molding area (along with Production Clerk).
• Reviews customer orders for large changes and adjustproduction accordingly, if unable to make delivery date – work withproduction to effectively communicate with customer.
• Ensure that all shifts are adequately covered whenpersonnel are absent.
• Maintains attendance records / time cards.
• Enforces good housekeeping, safety and plant cleanliness.
• Understands and executes steps on disciplinary system /company policy.
• Enforces and aids in the implementation of safetypolicies.
• Any and all tasks as assigned.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Proven knowledge of subordinate monitoring, coaching and counseling. Excellent personnel management skills.
Minimum of 5 years plastic Injection Molding or equivalent experience.
• To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty as follows satisfactorily:
• Be able to resolve production requirements both through supervisor direction and independent process analysis.
• Must possess solid communication/interpretation skills, good visual skills for assessing the functionality and improvement of production equipment, strong mathematical skills, above average computer skills and strong reasoning ability.
• Individual must be able to stand for full manufacturing shift, ability to reach with arms extended and/or overhead, excellent hand dexterity, ability to bend, stoop, stretch and similar activities and able to lift up to 60 pounds frequently.