W.W. Grainger AV Tech - Lake Forest, IL - 417346800 in LAKE FOREST, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/5153086 Company Overview
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Provide high-level technical support and development of audiovisual systems for all Chicago offices.
Operate and maintain Grainger's Chicago offices audiovisual equipment facilities. Ensure that all
users/presenters are comfortable with operating both portable and installed equipment. Troubleshoot
AV issues on short notice to ensure the success of presentations using this equipment.
Research, evaluate, and recommend new technology solutions as they are made available.
• Set up and operate audio and visual equipment, including microphones, sound systems,
projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, cabling, sound mixing boards, lectern touch
panel, and related equipment for meetings, seminars, presentations and conferences.
Responsible for set up and operation of lighting system appropriate to support the event.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding the nature of materials and topics associated with
the events of the Board Room and Auditorium.
• Troubleshoot AV issues on short notice to ensure the success of presentations using various AV
• Operation of audio visual systems in all Chicago offices, as well as setups pertaining to events in
• Use AV knowledge to determine customer needs for upcoming meetings.
• Consult with AV integrators to discuss customer needs, generate quotes, submit for approval, and
follow installation projects through to completion for Chicago offices, real estate, and property
management AV projects.
• Provide support and operation of equipment for executive level, including global, leadership, board
of directors, shareholders and analyst meetings.
• Special events requiring setup, operation, and removal of equipment at all Chicago offices.
• AV support for special events taking place after hours or weekends.
• Responsible for the display, content, and scheduling of messaging monitors at Lake Forest.
• Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment.
• Schedule preventative maintenance and repair of AV equipment for all Chicago offices
• Attend expos, trade shows, and seminars for the AV industry.
• Discuss new technology solutions with AV integrators.
• Sourcing parts and performing installations to repair equipment.
• Create AV budget for the upcoming year.
• Create standards and keep equipment current to today's standards.
• Work with various departments throughout Grainger to insure successful results for AV needs.
• An associate's degree or five plus years experience in the audio visual industry.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact with all levels of Grainger employees.
• Flexibility of varying work hours and a desire to get the job done under pressure while faced with
multiple last minute chang s. Ability to multi-task and perform in a changing environment while
faced with critical deadlines.
• Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excell and Powerpoint.
• High level of familiarity with audiovisual systems functionality, equipment and products.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Must be able to stand for four hours or longer.
• Must be able to utilize ladders up to 12 feet.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.